Discussion Zone

Full Version: Night Panther: 'Fire'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mixed this song two years ago when I was starting to mix. I always felt like there was more to do for the song but I didn't have the knowledge I have now.

Probably in two years, I will mix it again and it will be much better than now. But let's not wait that long... Wink
Hi Juan !
Sounds much fuller and more depth than your first mix.
I like this song but unable to download multi tracks at the moment Huh
The mid bass sounds a little loud and booming ,Maybe a Bass amp resonance or a phase issue ?
The top end sounds a little bright , the hi hat jumping out by a couple of db in one channel 8k up.
Could be my Ears adjusting as listening to your lovely mix on my new toy's HD 600's Big Grin
Hi, Don!

Probably it was a phase problem with the bass because there is an amp bass track and a DI track. I had forgotten to check that and I think I've improved it because I could hear a difference between before and now.

Those hihats were difficult to handle for me. I've tried to fix them now with a multiband compressor only for the higher part of the drum spectrum.

HD600? good choice!! they were my christmas present 1,5 year ago and I think it's one of the best investments I've done in my life regarding music Smile
(13-06-2015 09:31 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Don!

Probably it was a phase problem with the bass because there is an amp bass track and a DI track. I had forgotten to check that and I think I've improved it because I could hear a difference between before and now.

Those hihats were difficult to handle for me. I've tried to fix them now with a multiband compressor only for the higher part of the drum spectrum.

HD600? good choice!! they were my christmas present 1,5 year ago and I think it's one of the best investments I've done in my life regarding music Smile
Sounds better now Big Grin
Reference URL's