Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cross Roads
Hello

I have mastered it in the same volume (-5.5 Integrated Lufs) as the original master, that is how you can make a fair comparison. Better WAV at 24 bit than MP3 at 16 but i had no option (i guess you can only play mp3 here).

.mp3    TheCrossRoad 5.5-2mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

if it sounds good on mp3 it will sound good on wav. I think is safe to say a bad mix is a bad mix even in wav. I wouldn't worry about file quality as long as your mix sounds good.

btw.. looks like you posted in the master forum??? was this intended? or like most, you missclicked the link for mixing forum.

if this is your mix then...

Balances are pretty solid. The voice sounds a bit too "radio" like and I'm not sure that's the best choice.
I like that mix is very mids rich. It lacks some highs and lows but the important freq. are there.
There is some distortion clipping on the left and right for some reason I'm not sure where that's coming from but it's very excessive. Do you have some type of tape emulation on there?
(07-04-2024, 12:46 AM)Shul Wrote: if it sounds good on mp3 it will sound good on wav. I think is safe to say a bad mix is a bad mix even in wav. I wouldn't worry about file quality as long as your mix sounds good.

btw.. looks like you posted in the master forum??? was this intended? or like most, you missclicked the link for mixing forum.

if this is your mix then...

Balances are pretty solid. The voice sounds a bit too "radio" like and I'm not sure that's the best choice.
I like that mix is very mids rich. It lacks some highs and lows but the important freq. are there.
There is some distortion clipping on the left and right for some reason I'm not sure where that's coming from but it's very excessive. Do you have some type of tape emulation on there?

Mmmm.....this is my master of the unmastered version that is provided, is not my mix. Yes, I have a tape emulation using a parallel bus. By the way, the second link does not work