Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Legendary PIECE OF ME (2020 REMIX vs 2016mix)
Mixed this a few years ago.. here is my new take.. also I'll leave the old version for educative purposes. Everyone should mix the same old songs and do a new take on it and see how much you have improved.. Personally I like the new better.

Some songs here are worth remixing every few months .. this is one of them.
What do you think?

.mp3    PieceOfMeM1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.23 MB)

.mp3    PieceOfMe2020.mp3 --  (Download: 12.38 MB)

.mp3    PIECE OF ME23.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

Hi,
Nice mix, sounds good to me, maybe a little bit too bright for my taste.
(30-05-2016, 06:43 PM)Jimdolorian Wrote: Hi,
Nice mix, sounds good to me, maybe a little bit too bright for my taste.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I agree there is quite some brightness on it. When I revisit the mix I shall take a different approach Smile
UPDATE on one of the most fun songs to mix what do you guys think. better? or nah
Let go of the compressor on the master bus a bit and this mix should be nice and energetic.
(21-03-2020, 10:50 PM)LT808 Wrote: Let go of the compressor on the master bus a bit and this mix should be nice and energetic.

Replaced the 2020 mix for a less compressed one. now it's roughly compressing 3db on the instrumental bus and roughly 3db in the main MASTER bus. Also lowered that intro guitar for a more dramatic punch of the instrumentation.

Thanks for checking it out.
Well done. It sounds well balanced, energetic and ... yeah, just sounds great.
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
(19-04-2016, 08:14 AM)Shul Wrote: Mixed this a few years ago.. here is my new take.. also I'll leave the old version for educative purposes. Everyone should mix the same old songs and do a new take on it and see how much you have improved.. Personally I like the new better.

Some songs here are worth remixing every few months .. this is one of them.
What do you think?

Both mixes really great. Both are well listening to.

I think the new one (2020) has a bit better balanced vocals.

Piece
PW
(13-04-2020, 05:37 PM)piotrwier Wrote: Both mixes really great. Both are well listening to.

I think the new one (2020) has a bit better balanced vocals.

Piece
PW

Hey thanks for listening I appreciate the comment and the pm. Hope to hear your mix soon Smile
I was a bit concerned about the guitar sound in the intro but that feeling quickly went away. Very careful handling of the original tracks and sounds, very clean mix, perfect balancing with room for all the details, plus a nice three-dimensional depth. This is a very strong contender for the best mix of this song on this forum.

While listening to the song, I thought at some point that the snare was too low mid heavy for me. I was expecting the typical modern "TACK", but it sounds more like a "TOCK" (don't know how to explain it otherwise). That was it. I don't know what else I could criticize about this mix. Congratulations, you have come a long way, Shul.