Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Late Night Road Suckers
Hola amigos,

Here's a tasty mix to wrap your ears around. 

Mixed 100% in Luna for your auditory pleasure. Best sounding DAW out there, hands down.

** EDIT **
Added a less-limited version of the mix with less intense toms.
(v. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy)

.mp3    SlimySoulSuckers_TheCrossRoads_Full - MAIN-Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.mp3 --  (Download: 7.31 MB)

~
Other Mixes
I think you overdid the limiter on your master bus. I can hear clipping on some areas. Too loud isn't necessarily better.
Pretty solid balance. I like your vocal work, it blends well with the mix.
Some toms are too dark and muddy. I'd clean those up a bit more.

Keep it up! I will have a go at it in a couple of hrs and see what I come up with.
(04-02-2024, 10:05 PM)Shul Wrote: I think you overdid the limiter on  your master bus. I can hear clipping on some areas. Too loud isn't necessarily better.
Pretty solid balance. I like your vocal work, it blends well with the mix.
Some toms are too dark and muddy. I'd clean those up a bit more.

Keep it up! I will have a go at it in a couple of hrs and see what I come up with.
Hey thanks so much for the comments my dude. I agree, it could sound better with more transparency. 
Added a new version with less limiting.
~
Other Mixes
Nice work. I enjoy the darker tone, You've opted for ... snare maybe a tad too dull, but small portatos ...

Toms jumps out "oddly" ... mine does too, so I couldn't help but notice Wink

Nice vocal stuff ... generally nice stuff
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
(06-02-2024, 08:52 PM)Krabbe Wrote: Nice work. I enjoy the darker tone, You've opted for ... snare maybe a tad too dull, but small portatos ...

Toms jumps out "oddly" ... mine does too, so I couldn't help but notice Wink

Nice vocal stuff ... generally nice stuff
Cheers Krabbe!

I could fix the toms, shouldn't be too hard to do, and hopefully I won't need to pitch shift or anything too drastic.

I'll see what I can do later today if I have time to spare.
~
Other Mixes
There's something about the pumping in your mix I like. In your face thrash. Good fun.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-02-2024, 06:39 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: There's something about the pumping in your mix I like. In your face thrash. Good fun.
All about that pump  Cool
~
Other Mixes