Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Liquid Crutch
Hi,

Quathamer,

As moderator I try my best to treat everyone fairly and with respect. On this note I fear I may have fallen short in this case, for which I apologise.

I feel that we all need to do our best to treat each other with respect, which includes not calling each other names.

I have already noted that one or two posts could be interpreted as being slightly abrasive. I don't think that vovolan's posts are intended to be malicious, and as far I can see they do keep to discussing mix issues and some posts have been quite insightful. I've hopefully already explained that we do prefer to keep things positive here, and that I am keeping an eye on things going forward, so that should be the end of the matter now.

I think it's important to note that as well as being positive when giving mix critiques, equally it is important to be positive when receiving critiques too.

As I also post mixes on here, I know it's not always easy. Someone much wiser than me told me to always remember that the critique is aimed at the mix, not you personally. It's perhaps a subtle difference, but I find it helps a lot to think about it that way. We all have different tastes and opinions, and we don't always have to react of course.

Hopefully we can all get back to the music now.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I like the mastered mix. I think everything sounds good.
Especially like that deep bass! Makes a person feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Only thought is the mix could use some more transients.
Great work

Cheers
(08-06-2023, 05:55 AM)Tambo Man Wrote: I like the mastered mix. I think everything sounds good.
Great work

Cheers
Hey bro.

So by transients, what do you mean? Like snappiness in the highs? Or more dynamics in the mix overall? Or something else?
~
Other Mixes
(09-06-2023, 12:33 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 05:55 AM)Tambo Man Wrote: I like the mastered mix. I think everything sounds good.
Great work

Cheers
Hey bro.

So by transients, what do you mean? Like snappiness in the highs? Or more dynamics in the mix overall? Or something else?
More dynamics and punch. Even at the sacrifice of loudness I think the mix would benefit. Like I said everything sound great!
(10-06-2023, 12:57 AM)Tambo Man Wrote: More dynamics and punch. Even at the sacrifice of loudness I think the mix would benefit. Like I said everything sound great!
Yeah I totally agree with your take on that. I added a second mix that fixes a bit of that flatness. Definitely has more energy now. 

Thanks so much Tambo!
~
Other Mixes