Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only LUNA Late Night That Town
Hey Quathamer! Really nice mix, love the vocal sound as well (and the backings too, their brightness is similar to what I always try to achieve)

One thing you may want to look into.. This is a much bigger subject than a single comment can explain and hard to hear what the reasons are for something to work or not. But try and listen to what your mixing decisions do to *the groove.*

(About every session I had with my producer, he'd mention that groove is the most important thing there is in his signature gravelly voice)

Especially, the idea of the whole 'band' trying to bring across the same thing. For instance, there's a tambourine in the first verses that either is totally deleted in the actual released mix, or low enough to not stand in the way of the rest. Maybe I left it in by accident when exporting tracks Wink But that part has a much more pushy feel than the rest of the band.

Same goes sometimes for the synth bass versus cello versus guitar versus drums. With compression you can really mangle the feel of these instruments and make 'em gel.

As I said, pretty big subject, but judging by the quality of your mix it might be a cool new semi-philosophical step to take Smile
Hey Angelo,

I actually hadnt realised you commented! Thanks so much for commenting dude. Amazing work on this session. Truly.

I agree with everything you mentioned, and I've uploaded a completely new mix with the LUNA platform to test its native capabilities. It didn't disappoint for me, hope it's a better groove you've been wanting to hear.
~
Other Mixes