Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
this
i don't make musik for other people to like or dislike or to become number 1 pop hits.......
i do it, coz i'm bored, and i do what i feel that i need to do to un-bore me.
if you don't like it, don't listen.
Illigitimi non carborundum.
Mark

(18-04-2020, 04:35 PM)RoyM Wrote:
(18-04-2020, 05:39 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
(15-04-2020, 03:54 PM)death by laser Wrote:
(15-04-2020, 05:17 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Cool sounds but that's about it. I feel like you're just shoe-horning the vocal into some track that you've made without paying attention to the key or intent of the vocal/whatever you've taken from the original track. But the sounds I feel are really unique and creative, I think you could do your own thing without taking elements from other songs.

ok then.
it actually IS, in key. sorry it's not a 'club song' with stutters and has more than 1 chord and no risers.
it has 3 chords, and the vocal is nothing to get excited about, it's pretty monotone, so i went with what it told me.

I didn't say it was out of key, but I did say you weren't paying attention to it. The progression of your song doesn't at all follow what the vocal is doing, and in general, your song flows as smoothly as a river of bricks, and I can only bare listening to it until about half a minute in before I feel like you're trying to dig my brains out through my ears with ice picks.
That been said, I think you're super creative and your sounds are very unique and sounds great. If you were to take the vocals out of your song you'd be making a huge improvement only because they clash so badly with what you've made.
Yeah, I have to agree. There's no art here. This is just taking the vocal and jamming it into a completely different arrangement. It's creative, if awkward and forced. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with it in the spirit and intention of the forum. Nor does it have anything to do with the artist/band. There's a lot of interesting programming, I suppose. So, ok?

And if I'm honest, in the end I'm not even sure you did a good job in doing so. Musically, it doesn't really support the one element you chose to use. A lot of cool ideas that have nothing to do with the song at all. We can pat you on the back for programming ability if you'd like, but artistically I see no merit.

Create some original songs.

Yes, I've chosen to be harsh these days.

i don't want pats on the back....
i've moved on from this a long time ago already.

you want original songs, listen to my other shit...or don't.
i don't really care what your opinion is, coz i've listened to your stuff, and frankly, you bore.

i've chosen to be realistic these days.
Smile
you seem like a sad little, tunnel visioned troll.....are you this pleasant in real life also?
i bet you are....

but, alas......troll feeding is finished now.
no more food for you.

you need a hobby...
try learning an instrument, if you're going to come to a musik forum.
Wink
(22-04-2020, 02:28 AM)death by laser Wrote: you seem like a sad little, tunnel visioned troll.....are you this pleasant in real life also?
i bet you are....

no more food for you.

you need a hobby...
Wink

Haha I love how triggered you are.

Look mate, this forum is not for you to show off how great you think you are, it's here for people like you to learn how to MIX. It's an education forum for MIXING, not playing an instrument.

This forum is here so you can get criticism on your mixes. Mixes - not remixes, not your own work, not original sounds, and if you're going to upload trash, people like myself are going to tell you its trash. Why? Because although mixing is subjective, it's also not.

Think of mixing like cooking - you have been given ingredients to use to create something everyone will enjoy. If the cooking only tastes good to the chef (you) but tastes like trash to everyone else, wouldn't you want to know?

If you are here to show off how great you are and not take criticism, this might not be the forum for you.
~
Other Mixes
(22-04-2020, 03:07 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
(22-04-2020, 02:28 AM)death by laser Wrote: you seem like a sad little, tunnel visioned troll.....are you this pleasant in real life also?
i bet you are....

no more food for you.

you need a hobby...
Wink

Haha I love how triggered you are.

Look mate, this forum is not for you to show off how great you think you are, it's here for people like you to learn how to MIX. It's an education forum for MIXING, not playing an instrument.

This forum is here so you can get criticism on your mixes. Mixes - not remixes, not your own work, not original sounds, and if you're going to upload trash, people like myself are going to tell you its trash. Why? Because although mixing is subjective, it's also not.

Think of mixing like cooking - you have been given ingredients to use to create something everyone will enjoy. If the cooking only tastes good to the chef (you) but tastes like trash to everyone else, wouldn't you want to know?

If you are here to show off how great you are and not take criticism, this might not be the forum for you.

i'm here to get criticism on my mixes, not to do other people's work, that's already been done....

that doesn't teach me anything.
all it does, is teach me to copy what somebody else has done.

and, you never bothered to crit my mixing, you went straight to insulting my work.

remember how you mentioned 'go write something original'....
well, from what i remember, this WAS original.....
it wasn't the original track.

you can't make up your mind, can you?

and no, i'm not triggered....

i'm actually laughing at you.lol
i think you're the one who's abit high strung here..

if you want to insult me, go ahead....

i'm not going to stop posting my original work.... unless i'm told directly by whoever runs this forum that i can't, and in that case, i won't.....

it really doesn't bother me.

like i said, i don't put up original work cos i want praise, i do it, coz i'm not doing somebody else's work over again.

since i'm not getting paid to mix their tracks, i'd rather spend my creative time doing something that i want to do.

you want to crit my mixing...go ahead.
i have many issues that i'm sure you can poke at,and perhaps i'll learn from that.
i'm not a professional mixer, this is just a hobby for fun.

(22-04-2020, 05:25 AM)death by laser Wrote: ... i have many issues ...

I've already critiqued your work. I'm just trying to be objective with you. It's like I said, you are very creative but this song, unfortunately, is garbage and I would prefer to listen to the unedited raw session of the original. That's the truth. Sorry.
~
Other Mixes
(22-04-2020, 05:36 AM)Quathamer Wrote:

I've already critiqued your work. I'm just trying to be objective with you. It's like I said, you are very creative but this song, unfortunately, is garbage and I would prefer to listen to the unedited raw session of the original. That's the truth. Sorry.

then shut up and listen to the original, and go cry on your pillow..
ffs...
nobody cares what you want, or do not want to do.

nobody.

and nobody loves you, either.
but, i bet you already know that, that's why you're such a miserable, attention seeking twat.

see, i can be truthful also!
Smile

(22-04-2020, 05:44 PM)death by laser Wrote:
(22-04-2020, 05:36 AM)Quathamer Wrote:

then shut up and listen to the original, and go cry on your pillow..
ffs...
nobody cares what you want, or do not want to do.

nobody.

and nobody loves you, either.
but, i bet you already know that, that's why you're such a miserable, attention seeking twat.

see, i can be truthful also!
Smile
I've pretty much ignored your posts because...of good reasons. They weren't much commenting on. But you seem vapid. Based on how you treat the original works you don't seem to have any care about the artistic intent. You just seem to overlay an element from someone else upon the random music you create and expect accolades for no good reason. And when challenged you resort to childish insults which reflect your work. It's sad. You could probably create quality original work but are impotent not to. Which is fine but if you put something out there it will be criticized.

The only attention seeker is you.
Time to put this one to bed I think Guys! Some people here really love the track and ultimately that's all that matters. We were born with 2 ears and one mouth for a very good reason. lets just keep the music flowing I say.Smile