Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
this
CoolAngryConfused

.mp3    symphony of silence (monsters of destruction mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.46 MB)

awesome! ^_^
Cool Big Grin
Cool sounds but that's about it. I feel like you're just shoe-horning the vocal into some track that you've made without paying attention to the key or intent of the vocal/whatever you've taken from the original track. But the sounds I feel are really unique and creative, I think you could do your own thing without taking elements from other songs.
~
Other Mixes
(15-04-2020, 05:17 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Cool sounds but that's about it. I feel like you're just shoe-horning the vocal into some track that you've made without paying attention to the key or intent of the vocal/whatever you've taken from the original track. But the sounds I feel are really unique and creative, I think you could do your own thing without taking elements from other songs.

ok then.
it actually IS, in key. sorry it's not a 'club song' with stutters and has more than 1 chord and no risers.
it has 3 chords, and the vocal is nothing to get excited about, it's pretty monotone, so i went with what it told me.

Me Likey!!!

Big Grin
WOW! Stunning ,once in a while I come across creativity of a level that makes me wanna cry.
Mark
(15-04-2020, 03:54 PM)death by laser Wrote:
(15-04-2020, 05:17 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Cool sounds but that's about it. I feel like you're just shoe-horning the vocal into some track that you've made without paying attention to the key or intent of the vocal/whatever you've taken from the original track. But the sounds I feel are really unique and creative, I think you could do your own thing without taking elements from other songs.

ok then.
it actually IS, in key. sorry it's not a 'club song' with stutters and has more than 1 chord and no risers.
it has 3 chords, and the vocal is nothing to get excited about, it's pretty monotone, so i went with what it told me.

I didn't say it was out of key, but I did say you weren't paying attention to it. The progression of your song doesn't at all follow what the vocal is doing, and in general, your song flows as smoothly as a river of bricks, and I can only bare listening to it until about half a minute in before I feel like you're trying to dig my brains out through my ears with ice picks.
That been said, I think you're super creative and your sounds are very unique and sounds great. If you were to take the vocals out of your song you'd be making a huge improvement only because they clash so badly with what you've made.
~
Other Mixes
(18-04-2020, 05:39 AM)Quathamer Wrote:

ok then.

I didn't say it was out of key, but I did say you weren't paying attention to it. The progression of your song doesn't at all follow what the vocal is doing, and in general, your song flows as smoothly as a river of bricks, and I can only bare listening to it until about half a minute in before I feel like you're trying to dig my brains out through my ears with ice picks.
That been said, I think you're super creative and your sounds are very unique and sounds great. If you were to take the vocals out of your song you'd be making a huge improvement only because they clash so badly with what you've made.
Yeah, I have to agree. There's no art here. This is just taking the vocal and jamming it into a completely different arrangement. It's creative, if awkward and forced. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with it in the spirit and intention of the forum. Nor does it have anything to do with the artist/band. There's a lot of interesting programming, I suppose. So, ok?

And if I'm honest, in the end I'm not even sure you did a good job in doing so. Musically, it doesn't really support the one element you chose to use. A lot of cool ideas that have nothing to do with the song at all. We can pat you on the back for programming ability if you'd like, but artistically I see no merit.

Create some original songs.

Yes, I've chosen to be harsh these days.
(18-04-2020, 05:39 AM)Quathamer Wrote:

ok then.

then don't listen to it.
happy to see you, have a nice day