Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night By My Slide
Hello and good evening.

I did a quick mix of this bad boi. If you have comments feel free to do them. I will comment when I've sobered up.

Btw I'm really not a fan of how Telefunken do their recordings. Put the vocal in a booth or at least away from the drum kit. Please. For the love of Pete. Please.

.mp3    Kat Wright_By My SideM1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.09 MB)

~
Other Mixes
I just gave it a quick listen. It works for me. It moves along nicely. I'm not sure what it is about this song but some versions feel slow and dragging and others make me want to bop my head. This one is the latter. I'm not sure if it's a cymbal thing or horn level or what.
Overall, tonally, it feels a little...pinched? Nasal? I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not too bad and completely listenable but I think it's in the horns or that midrange area couples with some compression, maybe. Anyway, like I said, it works.
(07-03-2020, 02:07 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I just gave it a quick listen. It works for me. It moves along nicely. I'm not sure what it is about this song but some versions feel slow and dragging and others make me want to bop my head. This one is the latter. I'm not sure if it's a cymbal thing or horn level or what.
Overall, tonally, it feels a little...pinched? Nasal? I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not too bad and completely listenable but I think it's in the horns or that midrange area couples with some compression, maybe.

Yeah awesome, thanks for the feedback. I've gone for a more pinched, woolly, Motown vibe. This one is a really hard one to get clean and crispy, so I kind just worked with the muddiness and accentuated the tone in it as much as possible without adding any unnecessary reverbs or delays.
~
Other Mixes
Interesting.. I added reverb to mine to kinda blend with the bleed in the back to fix some of the mess. I like your horns I think I'm gonna notch mine in clarity.. these sound more pleasing to the ears. Good mix considering is a hard one to do.
What's with the ghost panning at the start? Is that a Leslie? It is a good take on this. You did a lot with a tough source. I do think the horns could be expressed a bit better.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]