Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil: 'Burial Of Silence
(03-07-2018, 05:43 AM)JuniorNarciso Wrote: Cheers, Thedon!

My fellows above me said pretty much everything you need to improve this mix. One thing that I'd like to point is that I liked what you did with the OH, maybe give it a little more brightness (?)
Keep rocking man
Thanks for the feedback .
I'm happy you like the overheads ,I did mix this on NS10s which are very bright in the Upper frequencies will double check the top end on other monitors !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

hi! id say improvement could be done at around 2-3k. you have much elements forward there. you can also make drums cut through better with very subtle sidechaining of bass and guitars, which allow more full sound for drums. good aggression and energy in overall sound. nice work! ^_^
(03-07-2018, 12:19 PM)thedon Wrote: Thanks for having a listen shul ,
Listening back I agree and will bring the vocals down and more punch on the drums ,Do you think it maybe a phase issue ?
which is one thing I didn't check !
Cheers Big Grin

Yes the recording is definitely faulty. The one track giving problems here is the overhead. I just highpassed all the low stuff from around 500hz and below.. And that fixed most of my problems. But the tracks themselves need a boost on low end followed by good compression. That should make your drums more punchy.

(03-07-2018, 04:11 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! id say improvement could be done at around 2-3k. you have much elements forward there. you can also make drums cut through better with very subtle sidechaining of bass and guitars, which allow more full sound for drums. good aggression and energy in overall sound. nice work! ^_^
Thanks for having a listen kapu ,
yes there are frequencies competing for space in the 2-3k area.
I will give the side chain a go .
Cheers Big Grin

(03-07-2018, 06:20 PM)Shul Wrote:
Listening back I agree and will bring the vocals down and more punch on the drums ,Do you think it maybe a phase issue ?
Cheers Big Grin

Yes the recording is definitely faulty. The one track giving problems here is the overhead. I just highpassed all the low stuff from around 500hz and below.. And that fixed most of my problems. But the tracks themselves need a boost on low end followed by good compression. That should make your drums more punchy.
Thanks shul ,
I will have a look at the overheads and low end !

Cheers Big Grin

Hi Shul, TheDon

One trick i found to deal with a Oh like those in this track is to roll off in mid-side mode. You roll off only sides, this centers the snare in the middle without losing bottom of it. I'm just experimenting with it and it works.

Cheers!

(03-07-2018, 06:20 PM)Shul Wrote:
Cheers Big Grin

(06-07-2018, 09:35 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi Shul, TheDon

One trick i found to deal with a Oh like those in this track is to roll off in mid-side mode. You roll off only sides, this centers the snare in the middle without losing bottom of it. I'm just experimenting with it and it works.

Cheers!

(03-07-2018, 06:20 PM)Shul Wrote: [quote='thedon' pid='72111' dateline='1530616794']
Thanks for having a listen shul ,
Cheers Big Grin

Thanks lethan ,
I will Give That a try on the overheads .
cheers Big Grin

version 2 Based on feedback I need to listen to this genre more !