Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil: 'Burial Of Silence'/NEW
Nice, heavy mix!
Bass sounds great,
I think you could roll off a bit of a lows from bass, a bit.
Has it's on vibe and i really enjoyed while listening.
Good work.
Hey KMuzic

Your mix has that "In your face" attitude, but you could improve a little a bit you guitar tone, I'm not sure if you'll understand this, but give it a more modern tone. The bass tone is great, but it's taking to much space in your mix. Overall you did a great job!
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
(02-07-2018, 01:25 PM)Lethan Wrote: Nice, heavy mix!
Bass sounds great,
I think you could roll off a bit of a lows from bass, a bit.
Has it's on vibe and i really enjoyed while listening.
Good work.
Hey Lethan

Thanks for the listen and comments

Ill try that, Im working on another version now

Cheers
K

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(03-07-2018, 05:46 AM)JuniorNarciso Wrote: Hey KMuzic

Your mix has that "In your face" attitude, but you could improve a little a bit you guitar tone, I'm not sure if you'll understand this, but give it a more modern tone. The bass tone is great, but it's taking to much space in your mix. Overall you did a great job!

Hi Junior
Thanks for your comments, I think I understand what your saying about the modern guitar tone for this genre. I think I need a different reference. Ill give it a shot on the next version

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kirk .
Your mix sounds great well balanced ,I am listening to your mix in my daw comparing to other commercial CD's in this genre
The commercial mixes have a quite a lot more low frequencies rolled off with the bass and kick !
Can hear some upper frequencies of the guitars and cymbals around h 2-5k area competing or space which I have to also have a to look at too !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(03-07-2018, 01:19 PM)thedon Wrote: Hey Kirk .
Your mix sounds great well balanced ,I am listening to your mix in my daw comparing to other commercial CD's in this genre
The commercial mixes have a quite a lot more low frequencies rolled off with the bass and kick !
Can hear some upper frequencies of the guitars and cymbals around h 2-5k area competing or space which I have to also have a to look at too !

Cheers Big Grin

Hi Don

Thanks!!

I agree with you 100% .. next version Im going to use a different reference, one of the guys put a link to an Avenged Sevenfold song I think will work good with this song and get a better comparison,

Cheers
KSmile

hi! listened version 2. something fishy with guitars? very much highs. i doesnt sound bad, but a bit unconventional. bass and drums sound very good, and vocals too. good mixing. ^_^
(03-07-2018, 04:15 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! listened version 2. something fishy with guitars? very much highs. i doesnt sound bad, but a bit unconventional. bass and drums sound very good, and vocals too. good mixing. ^_^

Hi Kapu .. One thing was I chose 2 of the wrong guitar tracks which I should have muted. I think that gave it a weird overtone. but I did boost around 5k too much. Im trying to fix the guitars now.

Thanks for checking it out

Cheers
KSmile

Version 3 is up .. Started from scratch .. hope I got a little closer ..

Comments welcome

Cheers
K
to me version 2 sounds better than all of them. If you could make it less harsh on those guitar tones that'd be better.
version 4 is a lil too loud on guitars.. and version 3 has a weird wusshh sound in them that are making the sound foggy.