Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil: 'Burial Of Silence'/NEW
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Cheers
KSmile

Version 2

Got rid of the guitar splooch at the very beginningTongue Brought the right side guitars up and increased the vocal volume a few db's as shul suggested.
Cheers
KSmile

Version 3 is up ..

I started from scratch and took pointers from all the comments .. I think I got a lot closer, maybe not..lol..also I found out there are 2 different guitar versions.. Guitar Tracks 1 and 2 work together as one version or 3 and 4 work together as another, but they don't work ALL together .. different timing at the end of each version and together it gets chaotic and weird from 2:20 on and sound like a double ending.

I chose using Guitar tracks 1 and 2 on this version .. I believe The bands official release on YouTube uses Guitar Tracks 3 and 4 . I might do another Mix using Guitars 3 and 4
Cheers
KSmile

Version 3a.mpg is using Guitars 1 and 2
NEW version 4aa.mpg is using Guitars 3 and 4 So you can see the difference
Hope this helped
Cheers
K

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil \'Burial Of Silence\'-01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.93 MB)

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil \'Burial Of Silence\'-02.mp3 --  (Download: 5.92 MB)

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil \'Burial Of Silence\'-03a.mp3 --  (Download: 5.92 MB)

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil \'Burial Of Silence\'-04aa.mp3 --  (Download: 5.92 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hello

Few things I noticed.
*intro has a weird noise that can be cut off.
*left guitar is louder than right guitar
*voice could be louder.
*and OMG I didn't notice the guitar tracks you used had a different riff in a section. Now I gotta go backstop my mix and see if I can pull that up! I really like that riff.

Drums are great and bass is awesome. Better than mine anyways.
Good job just those lil details that I catched.
Hi Shul

Thanks for checking it out

I took your advice and addressed them in the 2nd version.
Thanks for the comments, greatly appreciated.

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Bass sound really nice, mayby a little to loud. I don't like this modulation effects on vocal. Have you used not reamped guitar DI?
(01-07-2018, 07:53 PM)konop_tnt Wrote: Bass sound really nice, mayby a little to loud. I don't like this modulation effects on vocal. Have you used not reamped guitar DI?

Thanks for having a listen konop

This is definitely not my genre to mix, but I kinda like the vocal effect myself. I agree the bass could be pulled back a bit. All the guitar tracks are reamped. I actually used the bands youtube video as a reference for the guitars, then brightened them a couple of db around 5k. I thought there's were a bit on the dark side
Thanks for your input, Ill pull the bass back in the next version and maybe back off the vocal effect a bit.

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated

Cheers
KSmile

I have feeling that on a right side you put DI guitar, but I can be wrong propably .
(01-07-2018, 08:09 PM)konop_tnt Wrote: I have feeling that on a right side you put DI guitar, but I can be wrong propably .

I think both sides, but I don't have the song up in my daw right now. I was using a free marshal type clone to reamp, I probably should have taken more time in GTR or PodFarm to find something more appropriate.
Thanks again

Version 2 sounds better.

I'm wondering what was your process for the bass? It sounds really good. Did you just leave it as is?
(01-07-2018, 08:56 PM)Shul Wrote: Version 2 sounds better.

I'm wondering what was your process for the bass? It sounds really good. Did you just leave it as is?

I probably could have had something just as good with jus EQ and the limiter, but I went crazy

I used a waves plugin MaxBass then I EQ'd, Compressed, Chorus, distortion and topped it of with a limiter for volume. I just kept playing till I got something. I have a screenshot of it but cant figure out how to upload it. says its too big .. Ill figure it out and try it later.
Cheers
K
Figured it out..screenshot below .. don't laugh too much, pretty bazaar settings..lol

Thumbnail(s)

Well look at that. I was using some chorus on my bass but didn't like the result. Seems like boosting the freq. You have there made an impact with the chorus. Very interesting. I shall try something like that. On mine I just kept it with a multicompressor.. So it's compressing low end while letting top end through. I managed to get some of that top pierce through a lil better.
Thanks for the screenshot