Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I'm Alright- Mixed&Mastered by SHUL
Hi mate sounds great,I am a big fan of wide mixes but maybe your acoustic is panned to far right as this can lead to it thinning out a little.
This sounds great. I like the width and the volume of the track. My only comment would be wanting the solo guitar a bit louder, but that is a personal preference.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(17-02-2016, 02:20 PM)jademartin Wrote: Hi mate sounds great,I am a big fan of wide mixes but maybe your acoustic is panned to far right as this can lead to it thinning out a little.

Yeah I agree it's somewhat thin. The reason for my hard panning was mainly to give more room for the bass because I felt it was really important in the grove. I could have turned up some low freq. though because hard panning does get rid of low freq.

Your observation is more apparent on my new monitors. In the future when I remix this I will see how different it sounds using these ones.

Thanks for your feedback Jademartin
(17-02-2016, 05:32 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This sounds great. I like the width and the volume of the track. My only comment would be wanting the solo guitar a bit louder, but that is a personal preference.

I agree Mixinthecloud... Originally I had the voice at 3 or 4 db lower than it is right there. The solo guitar was supposed to be almost at the same level as the voice but the last minute change on the voice was distracting enough and I forgot to turn the solo up.

My mistake. Good observation!! and thanks for the feedback!
Hi, that's a nice sound! I like your mix a lot, especially drums!
(18-02-2016, 11:57 AM)giulioscatto Wrote: Hi, that's a nice sound! I like your mix a lot, especially drums!

Thanks! glad you liked it. Smile
Hello. Nice sounding mix. I have a few notes:

- I agree that the voice is a bit too loud and that it has too much high frequencies.
- Also, the acoustic guitar seems a bit loud.
- Overall the electric guitars could use some automation to make them pop in whenever they play melodies (ex: after "where is the peacefulnes..."

Adjusting those things a bit could really make a difference. Cheers.
(15-03-2016, 01:19 AM)thetanks Wrote: Hello. Nice sounding mix. I have a few notes:

- I agree that the voice is a bit too loud and that it has too much high frequencies.
- Also, the acoustic guitar seems a bit loud.
- Overall the electric guitars could use some automation to make them pop in whenever they play melodies (ex: after "where is the peacefulnes..."

Adjusting those things a bit could really make a difference. Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback Tanks.
Will look in to that next time I mix this song again Smile
Hey man,

First of all, amazing sounding mix you have here!

Can i ask what was you approach to the "low-ends"?
I have trouble at times in getting the bass or what not to sit right in the mix without muddying everything.
(18-04-2016, 04:54 AM)Cellastra Wrote: Hey man,

First of all, amazing sounding mix you have here!

Can i ask what was you approach to the "low-ends"?
I have trouble at times in getting the bass or what not to sit right in the mix without muddying everything.

Thanks.

Well my approach for anything "lowEnd"is a question. "how much low energy does each instrument have?" .. After I check for details on that I try to even out the low energy of every instrument in a way that when it sums up, it sounds full but is not overwhelming. If it's overwelming i start cutting low energy on the instrument that LESS NEEDS IT.

A trick I have for bass is to use a spreader plugin on it.. or simply double the track for example. Bass Left and Bass Right. It sounds like your typical MONO centered track. Then I add a wet delay on one of the tracks of maybe between 15 and 30 ms... up to 90ms... The bass sounds HUGE and I don't need to boost low end on it. Since it goes into stereo, the bass track just appears bigger and fuller... and that way I don't compromise the low end too much.