Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte-TooMuch
Yeah, man. We all can be friendly while learning, even when disagreeing. How many times I disagreed with you already, mikej. Criticizing is ok, after all it's only an opinion, one can either accept or dismiss and would not be at fault, but callousness is just another entire level. Somebody just has to say something about it bc the environment is getting toxic while it doesn't have to be. That's all.
Yeah, I feel you Sonic. CMT is known as being a little toxic in the different forums that I've seen out there.

I think it comes down to the amateurs that use the forum and their insecurities, and them wanting to seem pro or really good at something (but they really aren't). There is a lot of frustration on these forums sometimes, and to be honest its why I took such a long break -- and I'll be the first to admit that I was part of the problem.

This is a really invaluable forum to help amatures learn the ropes, and I hope to bring a little more fun and constructivism around here if I can.

Great mix by the way -- I'll only say it gets a little crowded in the choruses, but that's fixable with a bit of automation. Nice one!
~
Other Mixes
(04-06-2023, 01:40 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Yeah, sure, I don't mind comments, perhaps I should say thoughtful comments. But hey, no, I am not hurt by it. That's your opinion and that's ok, but such negative comments do nothing, right? And yeah, we know better that we don't hear all the same, so your comments, even if meant to help, would still be taken with a grain of salt. So, no, none of what you said is true.
What I wanted to say, and hope that you'd get it by reading between the lines but it seems you missed it, is no need to be like that. It's ok to make comment, not like yours tho. Like I said, there's many ways to swing a dead cat. You could have chosen a diff way and still carry your thoughts across. In short, you can do better. So do better. It doesn't have to be this way.
And yeah, I still want to hear your mix. I am curious to hear what you bring to the table. You did the talk now do the walk. That's how we earn respect, right?
I am always ready to jump ship. I'll give you the respect you deserve. No more no less. Deal?

Yo you're obviously playing some game of respect which is beyond my understanding, so there's no point in going deeper into this. I was very specific and straight forward about the things I don't like about those mix(es) and I honestly have no idea what else I can say. If that's not constructive criticism then I don't know what is.

anyway let me just ask you about one thing

what's with the distortion in the second mix? I'm actually curious, like does it actually sound good to you? what made you go for this type of sound?
There's no game of respect. It's just respect in general. I don't say you can't criticize my mix(es). I just say that your callousness about your comment is not helpful. The key is your delivery, not what you deliver. I, too, can do the same with your mix or anybody's for that matter, and not just me but also just about everybody in here can do the same. I chose not to do, as already explained, bc I find no pleasure in it, and also bc I don't have anger issues building up in me that I need to take it out on random strangers. I am too cool for it, and, besides, my bong and my gf take care of that already. You can either do the same or get a gf. Man, if I wanted to, I can destroy all your mixes, and whatever I say will be spot on. But, no, I rather do it with kindness, compassion, and understanding, or nothing at all bc I know we are all here to learn. I also know that the struggle is real. That is also a choice, doing nothing, isn't it? Why do you have to be so insensitive? I am not the only one who says something about your recklessness in your comments. Some actually took the time out to teach you but, sadly, you also missed it, while I, a mere spectator in the conversation, learned that from the guy.

Dude, it seems I got my point across, hopefully. I rather stop it here until you think about your behavior and change your way to fit in a public setting. I am not asking for much here. Until then, I am afraid we're gonna have to part company.

I am unwilling to talk about my mix anymore until you come up with one. The mixes will speak for themselves.
(04-06-2023, 05:39 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Yeah, I feel you Sonic. CMT is known as being a little toxic in the different forums that I've seen out there.

I think it comes down to the amateurs that use the forum and their insecurities, and them wanting to seem pro or really good at something (but they really aren't). There is a lot of frustration on these forums sometimes, and to be honest its why I took such a long break -- and I'll be the first to admit that I was part of the problem.

This is a really invaluable forum to help amatures learn the ropes, and I hope to bring a little more fun and constructivism around here if I can.

Great mix by the way -- I'll only say it gets a little crowded in the choruses, but that's fixable with a bit of automation. Nice one!

* Thanks for your...condolences, quite grief-y, actually.

Sure, man, there's no reason not to be nice to each other. I, too, now that you volunteered, will admit that I can be quite blunt sometimes, but that's bc I just want to get to the truth quickly, never meant to hurt anybody's feelings. There's just no need for it. And I do apologize whenever it happens.

Don't we all at one time or another spout our mouth then live to regret it! It's all good; it's part of life and learning experience. So yeah, you and me both then.

I hope that you'd be a contributing member here. Right off the bat I know I'd be benefiting from it. There's still just too much to have to learn. We should hurry and then enjoy mixing instead of suffering with it, right? Thanks man.
I feel both giving and receiving feedback constructively can sometimes be quite difficult. I get it. It's not easy and I know I don't always get it right. As with mixing I find it an ongoing learning process. It's especially difficult with something like mixing that combines the technical and the artistic. It's really not an easy thing to master. I think it's important to remember that it's something that we all invest a huge amount of time and effort in, and is something that we are all understandably passionate about.

I think it can be a little difficult sometimes for new posters to 'read the room' as it were. As I hinted in my previous post, personally I find it useful to share my own experiences and struggles with mixing. I try and give people some positive actionable advice where I can, with the aim of helping people move forward with their mixing as best I can. At least I hope it come across that way. To my mind constructive criticism is all about helping each other to improve.

I by no means consider myself an expert and as such I do fully expect people to take my previous posts and mixes into account, along with my comments. It's why I keep my good and my bad mixes up, as I figure it might help someone.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(04-06-2023, 07:22 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: There's my bong and my gf take care of that already. You can either do the same or get a gf
XDDDDDDDD
(04-06-2023, 06:40 PM)vovolan Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 07:22 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: There's my bong and my gf take care of that already. You can either do the same or get a gf
XDDDDDDDD
*Knew it would hit the spot. It was designed to provoke, a small (it could be big but why? right?) mild demonstration, if you will. It's all good man. We ALL can be quite abrasive if we wanted to.  Now that we got our points across, can we go ahead and do more mixing? Let's use music to do the talking. And you can still blast my mix if you want to.
Hi Sonictramp.I usually dont make comments in this site .I rarely make comments .(that's a shame) but I gonna try to make  comments in the future  Big Grin
kick's sub frequencies need some control
vocal seems narrow -need more wide and big sound
some instruments are high and some are low (they makes your mix unbalanced )
electric guitars  always drive the song (other elements are lost under the guitars)
hope that helps.I always love your works.I hope you dont get angry to me Big Grin
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
I know, Mammy, you don't make comment. But you couldn't take it anymore, right? I am glad you chose my mix to...blast. If I am not mistaken you did try to help me out at one time. I always remember those who try to help me. That's the least I can do. That's ok, man. You don't need to spare me with comments but do it with respect and try to treat each other like human beings and it'll be ok. I am not hanging out with a bunch of animals now, am I? Do it like Roy did, with love. I still fought with him when I disagreed but with respect and love in return. And no, no big fight with him, not to the point that we have to hurl insults to one another and wish it'll never get to that. I do miss conversing with him, but he, too, also has his own place under the sun. I understand.

So yeah, man. You joining the crowd is awesome. Wish more people be like you joining the group. We can actually help each other out. Mixing is hard. We need each other. I'll be in your camp if you say so. Let's make this site a place where we can actually learn from. Thanks for even making the time to write. It's ok, Mammy. I like you. bc you sound sincere.