Discussion Zone
FytaKyte-TooMuch - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Rock, Punk, Metal (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Fytakyte: 'Too Much' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=940)
+---- Thread: FytaKyte-TooMuch (/showthread.php?tid=46782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FytaKyte-TooMuch - SonicTramp - 01-06-2023

Awesome song. Thanks for the listen. Comment welcome!

*New mix 6

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - mikej - 02-06-2023

Hey pretty good! Onwards and upwards!

Cheers!

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - SonicTramp - 02-06-2023

Always happy to hear your approval. The mix still owes it to you tho. It'll get better, hopefully. That's just me, always clumsy at first, my hearing needs to catch up to what I learned from you guys. It's coming along. I wish it's faster tho. Thanks.

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - SonicTramp - 03-06-2023

Spent a couple hours trying to polish it up, mostly working on guitars, Rhodes, and violins. Gave the kick a bit more beater and pulled the basses back barely on top of the sub kick. I learn this from you, mikej. Less work on the bass compressor.

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - vovolan - 03-06-2023

I don't like it. I mean it's super minimalistic mix and it doesn't sound like a studio production at all, it sounds more like a demo tape recorded somewhere in a garage. The mix is heavy in midrange, especially the vocals sound very nasal. The drums are the weakest element, completely lifeless, have no punch they sound a bit like they were recorded with 1 room mic. They also don't feel glued to the rest of the tracks. The guitar amp tracks in this recording already sound good on their own and imo require almost no processing so they are kinda saving the day here. There's a lot of distortion going on with the kick/snare hits which is even more obvious in the second version of your mix. It's so apparent it makes me think you did that on purpose, but I don't understand why because imo it doesn't sound good at all.

best of luck Smile

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - SonicTramp - 03-06-2023

to Vovolan. Buddy, why don't you mix this song and show us, man. I don't mind learning from those who are better mixer than I am. I listened to your mix on another song, and no, not impressive enough to take what you said seriously. But, who knows, right?, you might have some break thru since. Let's show us (mostly me) what you can do. Either that or you risk "wise men speak bc they have something to say, fools bc they have to say something."

One suggestion tho, since you have no mix here I have to pick on your words instead. Why all the negativity, not only to me but to a lot of people in here? Are you trying to get a reaction? You know that there is more than ways to swing a dead cat, right? I can do the same with your mix mercilessly, and unlike yours, they will be spot on too, but I chose not to do it bc I get no pleasure out of it. I consider it a type of superiority complex, not a good thing to carry around in an orderly society, is it?

Luckily I don't listen to your opinion on my mix, but just imagine I did. That means I have to go back and do another redo based on false info. Don't worry about the heartaches you created carelessly, rather, focus on what you'd get if that happened: nothing. That makes me mad, man. Bc it's unnecessary. Bc it's wasteful, and, especially, it's mean.

So yeah, man. I learn to cut off those I think get in the way and preferred to interact with people with less baggage.

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - vovolan - 03-06-2023

You shouldn't be getting hurt by my or anyone elses words because this isn't personal. I understand this isn't what you'd like to hear, but well (..) it is what it is. In your main post you said comments are welcome, so I posted my opinion and what I'm hearing- that's it. Somehow you managed to turn this into negativity thing, suggesting i'm seeking attention, finding it mean etc. Not to mention the complex and society talk which is a bit over the line, and I think if you read your comment again in a day or two you'll agree you went a bit to far with that one. But it's ok, whatever man. I also don't understand the whole 'why don't you show us man' thing. I mean I kind of do. It has literally nothing to with my mix of this song, and as far as I am concerned there is no requirement of posting your own mixes in order to be able to comment on others etc. But I do understand that opinions written by people you respect(know their work) are much more valuable- it's a fair point. You are welcome to listen and comment on my mix whatever you like.

anyway tldr:

If I like a mix I will say it, if I don't like it I will also say it.

I suggest you should change that "comments are welcome" phrase to "positive comments are welcome" if you can't stand negative feedback
Also if you don't want me to comment on your future mixes that's no problem, just let me know

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - mikej - 04-06-2023

Sometimes I need a reminder that I should aspire to keep things supportive and constructive. I find a little positive balance can go a long way when giving a critique - so let's keep things supportive and constructive going forwards.

Cheers!

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - mikej - 04-06-2023

Speaking of balance... Personally I do much prefer the balance and tone of the first mix, of the two.

Cheers!

RE: FytaKyte-TooMuch - SonicTramp - 04-06-2023

Yeah, sure, I don't mind comments, perhaps I should say thoughtful comments. But hey, no, I am not hurt by it. That's your opinion and that's ok, but such negative comments do nothing, right? And yeah, we know better that we don't hear all the same, so your comments, even if meant to help, would still be taken with a grain of salt. So, no, none of what you said is true.
What I wanted to say, and hope that you'd get it by reading between the lines but it seems you missed it, is no need to be like that. It's ok to make comment, not like yours tho. Like I said, there's many ways to swing a dead cat. You could have chosen a diff way and still carry your thoughts across. In short, you can do better. So do better. It doesn't have to be this way.
And yeah, I still want to hear your mix. I am curious to hear what you bring to the table. You did the talk now do the walk. That's how we earn respect, right?
I am always ready to jump ship. I'll give you the respect you deserve. No more no less. Deal?