Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Liquid Crutch
Yoooooo,

Brah it's so good to see a little more of Andrew's stuff on this forum for us to work and discuss on. Andrew if you're listening ... I love you. 

Also, fun fact, Fytakyte was some of the first stuff I mixed here and got me into mixing a little more outside of live audio. So thanks again Andrew!

Any comments, please let me know. This was a pretty rough first (maybe only) mix with no automation apart from a few pulls and pushes of mix busses.

** Edit **
I've added my raw 2 buss print for anyone who wants to hear what I did to the overall mix without any mastering. 
As part of the mixing process, I treat my 2 buss to enhance the sonic quality and dynamic quality. I use minimal compression for glue and to bring up low level subtle noises that add texture to the mix. 
I also like to master my mix as part of the mixing process in order to hear what my mix will sound like after it's been mastered. Why? Because mastering will always bring up low noises (such as hiss, reverbs) as well as wide spectrum instruments such as electric guitars. 
With the raw stem, you'll notice things like the drums being too loud, and the vocal being too loud. This is a natural side-effect of pre-mastered audio because the master will hopefully glue it all together quite nicely -- hence the reason why mastering needs to be part of the mixing process -- so you can hear how your track will sound mastered. 
To hear the before and after of the raw mix and the mastered mix, I've posted both.

** Edit **
Added mix 2
The mix was sounding a little flat dynamically, so fixed that.
Also lowered and separated the lead vocals from the rest of the mix a little with some side-chain trickery.

.mp3    FytaKyte_TooMuch_Mix1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte_TooMuch_Mix1.1 (unmastered).mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte_TooMuch_Mix1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)

~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Liquid Crutch - by Quathamer - 04-06-2023, 03:53 AM