Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words (Arskalam MIX)
Okay, so my second mix post in this forum. Any comments? What I could have done differently?

Also check out my mix of Dark Ride - Burning Bridges! And tell me what you think.

.mp3    Actions - Devils Words(Arskalam_MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

And also, here's straight link to Burning Bridges mix:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=7996
The energy is really good in the guitars and drums. Bass I felt could be warmer.. would have added even more driving energy. The vocal tone is off to me. Seems thin and upper mid rangey. Bring out the warmth a bit and the drums wont dominate it during the verse. Other than that it was pretty good.

FYI, it's courteous to review other peoples' mixes first before you ask for feedback on yours. Just a suggestion.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
(26-01-2015, 12:16 PM)iShouldBsleeping Wrote: The energy is really good in the guitars and drums. Bass I felt could be warmer.. would have added even more driving energy. The vocal tone is off to me. Seems thin and upper mid rangey. Bring out the warmth a bit and the drums wont dominate it during the verse. Other than that it was pretty good.

FYI, it's courteous to review other peoples' mixes first before you ask for feedback on yours. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your comments!

It is really true that it's polite to review other peoples' mixes too and I will definitely do that also, its my third day in this forum so i still have plenty of time to comment in here!
I really love your drums and i'm struggling to get the same result on my mix... i am not successing at the moment :/.

Pretty nice mix!! Really, same comment however on the vocals, they sound thin to me too.

Would you please check up my mix of this song? Smile i would really appreciate it:
Actions! - Devil's Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR] (2015 Remastered)
EleKtroFR Productions - Music Producer & Mastering Engineer (aspirant)
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/elektro-fr