Poll: How much do you like my Mix?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Really Bad
0%
0 0%
Not so Good
0%
0 0%
Normal
33.33%
1 33.33%
Good
66.67%
2 66.67%
Really Good
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR] (2015 Remastered)
Hi guys! I just wanted to revisit this song i mixed years ago..

So this is my version, hope you like it! Feel free to comment!!!

Thanks SmileBig Grin

EDIT:

THE ATTACHED FILE HAS BEEN UPDATED

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR].mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

EleKtroFR Productions - Music Producer & Mastering Engineer (aspirant)
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/elektro-fr
This is my favourite so far (just browsed the top downloaded ones very quickly). http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...hp?tid=693
Thank you Mange! i'm going to upload a new version with better drums mixed in a few minutes!!!

Stay tuned Smile
I´ll listen tomorrow. Ok? Smile
Hi.
To be honest I like your old version a little bit better.
This 2015 version has almost no low end frequencies in it, mostly mid and too much high frequencies in my opinion.
Maybe you low cutted a little bit to much on the single stems ? Can happen, when I mix, low cutting nearly every stem is the first step, but I always adjust them at the end of the mixing to get a good mix of low, mid and hi frequencies.

For my taste there is also a little bit to much delay and/or reverb on the vocals. I really like the vocals in this song. In my mix I kept them tight and only added a ducking delay with a bit of reverb in the chorus.

Otherwise I like the mix.

You can check out my mix of this Song here;
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=8417

Maybe you will have a listen to it and tell me how you like it.
Hi Marcelsemelka, thank you for your reply.

This is my new mix, with better drums and low end, i hope you will like more this Smile

It's really hard for me to mix this track, i had to restart from sratch more times, it became so frustrating and i abandoned it, now that i'm more experienced on these things i think i could probably do a better job, and my first step was to fix the drum, that i like in this new mix.

i noticed the missing of low end and i tried in this new mix to fix it, giving breath to the kick, and eq-ing the bass.

My problem was that the transient of the kick and the harmonics of the bass where really in the same range, so i had to take some decisions.

I also lowered the delay/reverb mix on the vocals, especially the refrain ones.
So, here is my latest version! Tell me what you think, and really thank you for your help! SmileBig Grin

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR].mp3 --  (Download: 5.98 MB)

Yeah I like this mix better. The Toms could also like some low end. They sound very much like snares.
Do you have autotune or melodyne on her vocals ? There is some weird pitch shifting on the vocals.
I think the vocals dont need any pitch correction, they are recorded and sung perfectly.

The delay/reverb on the vocals are on point now for my taste, maybe lower the background vocals a little bit.
But thats only my taste. Technically (besides those weird pitch shifts on the vocals) I really like this, mastering sounds good too.

I would love to know what you think about my mix of this song. You find it here:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=8417

Marcel
Thank you for your reply Marcelsemelka!

i'll try to fix the vocal issues, in the meantime, i fixed some high end problems and i HOPE i fixed the toms sound, even if i like them after all.

Tell me what you think! Thanks Smile

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR].mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

I think You have a nice mix here!

I think that the snare cuts too much through the mix especially in verses, on the other hand snare sounds nice in "loud" chorus parts.

For my taste there is maybe a bit too much overheads in chorus parts.

I really like your vocal sound. It's really solid and everything is smooth. Backing vocals are great also and they cut through nicely.

Bass is solid and present all the time.

Check out also my mix of Dark Ride - Burning Bridges and give Your opinion about that! http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=7996

I think that the entirety in here is a solid and smooth mix, Good job!
Really many thanks to you arksalam, i just would love to get my drums sound like yours... Will try something in the next few days!