Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrendering (Great music) :)
Nice mix I like it. Snare sounds great, Kick have some rumble in sub frequencies.
(12-03-2020, 10:33 PM)Carlos Gustavo Rodriguez Wrote: Nice mix I like it. Snare sounds great, Kick have some rumble in sub frequencies.

I use headphones to mix. the sub frequencies problem is morelikely the reverb I used for the kick.. I should have highpass some of that in the reverb track but because i don't have studio monitor I didn't quite hear them as a problem.
Good to know though thanks for the input.
Hi Shaul

Version 2 most def sounds much better ... at least to me.

Only thing that comes to mind is your hold/decay time on your tom gates, which I find a tad too long.

Apart from that, very nice work
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
I listened to version 2. Sounds really good. I like the attack of the snare though it might be a little loud overall. I know it's a fault of the arrangement but the verse guitars seem to fight each other and obscure the vocal. They just don't compliment each other but I'm not a fan of the parts/effects they went with.

I really like the vocal sound. It sounds great. The solo could come forward both in volume and tone.

My biggest issue is with the dynamics. Sonically the chorus just doesn't rise as much as it could. I think it's for two reasons. I think the snare is fairly consistent dynamically and maybe too consistent so it 'grounds' the chorus a bit. If that makes sense. Also, tonally the 'clean' guitars feel brighter than the distorted guitars so frequency wise there's a shift down.

I think that's it. All minor issues. I think it sounds great but some things jump out at me.
Very Nice mix shul i really Like the version 2
Mr. Loud
Hey guys thanks for the comments!!
I agree roy those guitars are weird sounding in the arrangement.. I don't know why they pursue this fx in the recording.. but then again their original track is very different fx .
as for the other details thanks guys I appreciate the comments!