Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrendering (Great music) :)
this is great music.. Hope you like my first mixdown Smile
Saludos!

Updated v2 with more mids.. and reverb on kick. slight tweaks on vocals
+ less hat, boost on vocals in the chorus section to even out the natural compression the singer used when recording.

.mp3    surrenderingTelefunken2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

.mp3    surrenderingTelefunken.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

(11-03-2020, 07:00 AM)Shul Wrote: this is great music.. Hope you like my first mixdown Smile
Saludos!

Hi, your mix sounding great a lil bit to bright for my taste, but very well balanced, nice one

(11-03-2020, 12:58 PM)2youL Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:00 AM)Shul Wrote: this is great music.. Hope you like my first mixdown Smile
Saludos!

Hi, your mix sounding great a lil bit to bright for my taste, but very well balanced, nice one

Thanks for the comment.. sometimes I overdo the brightness on my mixes. I'd go back to make it more mid-rangey. Thanks
Sounds good to me Shul. My only comment would that the kick drum in the intro sounds 'naked' compared with the space around the snare.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Shul

Nice work. It's very well balanced.

As someone else mentioned, it's a bit to the bright side. Personally I like the warmth of tape in this kind of music.

Maybe I think that your snare verb is a little too ...uhm, fine, if that makes any sense. I mean, I think it would be nice with a dirtier snare verb.

I really think you've done a great job with this. Keep it up
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Thanks for the pointers guys.. I have updated the mix with reverb and more mids so is not so "bright" (because technically the brightness is the same is just more mids gives you the impression of less brightness)
Good work! I really like your mix.
The vocal gets a bit sibilant in places. Maybe a de-esser for final polish? Love your toms.
The thing with the vocals is that when it hits the chorus, it gets swallowed and loses clarity. That's not just on your mix, that's the recording and/or the compression. It is a problem on many of the mixes here, including mine.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(12-03-2020, 07:31 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: The vocal gets a bit sibilant in places. Maybe a de-esser for final polish? Love your toms.
The thing with the vocals is that when it hits the chorus, it gets swallowed and loses clarity. That's not just on your mix, that's the recording and/or the compression. It is a problem on many of the mixes here, including mine.

I hear you on this. You are right the chorus section needs a boost. I updated the v2 track. doubled track for vocals in some sections and used a slight de-esser to kick
back that sibilance. That definitely sounds a bit better.

looks like the proximity effect and the natural compression of the singer caused this
weird drop in volume for those sections...
(12-03-2020, 07:26 PM)Igor DolceVita Wrote: Good work! I really like your mix.

Thanks Igor