Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil: 'Burial Of Silence' kapu mix
(03-07-2018, 06:35 PM)Shul Wrote: I like the guitar [...]

if i find energy i should probably try to work the toms too. maybe in version 11 or something. ^_^
(03-07-2018, 07:31 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Kapu [...]

thanks! in version 2 used only di tracks with th3. ^_^
Version 3 sounds great ,I like how you managed to keep the mix punchy with big bottom end !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello Smile

Overall it sounds great !

Only thing that bother is pumping in the guitars and bass (too much limiting ?)

Cheers !
Mixing with a dt770 for now..
(04-07-2018, 10:46 AM)thedon Wrote: Version 3 sounds great [...]

thanks for listening! its the basic comp/clip punch, put also used a 6 db low shelf boost at 80 hz for headphone monitoring when checking bass. it seems to be a helpful way at least for me. ^_^
(04-07-2018, 01:57 PM)Jimdolorian Wrote: Hello Smile [...]

thanks for feedback! there shouldnt be too much limiting, because its mostly clipping. ^_^ guitars are ducked a few db by vocals, and guitars and bass are sidechained by a db to kick and snare. also blended quite a lot of lookahead gated kick and snare boost some prering splat. maybe went too far. ^_^
Hey man mix 3 sounds good but there is a lot of high freq. clipping distortion on them Sad
(04-07-2018, 05:31 PM)Shul Wrote: Hey man mix 3 [...]

thanks! yeah but its only audible in the middle part where density doesn't mask it. should have done some automation there but too lazy. ^_^
To me, your MIX2 sounds best, but wow that's some seriously heavy hypercompression you got there, listen how the first scream almost goes staccato at the begining ^^
Just don't be too hard on compression, give your things some space.

Maybe try to mix your volumes without any limiting/compression in your master buss. Getting all your sounds right in their respective places, getting something consistant without clipping.
Then, you go catch your volume with limit/comp/maximiser on your master buss

Otherwise, I think it's one right direction and base work is already pretty well done.
Sound Engineer @ MegamocheProd
Working on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Gear : Yamaha HS-7 // Sennheiser HD-25 // BeyerDynamics MMX-300 // Steinberg UR22 MKII
(05-07-2018, 05:26 AM)jugx Wrote: To me, your MIX2 sounds best [....]

thanks for listen! well, i mostly crank the mixbus to the max at the very end, and then do final tweaks. seriously heavy hypercompression sounds something what im specifically after, so i guess managed to achieve that. ^_^