Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil: 'Burial Of Silence' kapu mix
got bit lazy with the toms. ^_^

.m4a    rebuild_the_evil___burial_of_silence__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 6.59 MB)

.m4a    rebuild_the_evil___burial_of_silence__kapu_mix3.m4a --  (Download: 6.48 MB)

Lol wow.. What happened to the toms? They sound like clicks clicks lol...

I like where the guitars are going but they need more definition. Sounds like there is a back wall of noise.
Kick and snare are so good though!
(03-07-2018, 02:13 AM)Shul Wrote: Lol wow.. What happened [...]

thanks for listening. toms are pretty much a bad blend from overheads and some bad sample triggering. didnt think it was worth the while. i know what youre thinking about guitar tone, but for me upper mids of heavily distorted guitars just sound so bad in ear buds i usually suppress them quite a lot. its kinda 'once you hear it, you cant unhear it' thing. ^_^
Yes Im struggling with the drums and overheads too.
It's a hard mix for me and I'm sure for many people too.
Hi Kapu!

Great mix you have there, but it seems that we are all struggling with vocals and the drums. What I did with my vocals was edit the gain on each part that was off with the rest of the track.
Anyway, you are on the right path here. Keep rockin'!
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
(03-07-2018, 02:44 AM)Shul Wrote: Yes Im struggling [...]

i went straight to replacing and blending, but realized toms would have required a lot of 'manual' work to separate the actual hits etc, so just threw something together. ^_^
(03-07-2018, 05:21 AM)JuniorNarciso Wrote: Hi Kapu! [...]

thanks for listen! these modern indie metal mixes are definitely a handful, as people usually are after the international level of intensity in mix. basically meaning everything has to be re-engineered in mix. ^_^
added second mix with reworked guitars from dis. also some other tweaks. toms still suck. ^_^
I like the guitar tone better on second mix.. Sounds very brutal the only thing is maybe less 300hz? Or somewhere around there but that's just personal taste. Kick and snare are sounding clean with guitars..

Really like this version better. Maybe there will be a third that will have more improvement. It'd be nice to check it out and compare all mixes. The outcome sometimes is so drastic that you are surprised your mix sounds so different.
Hey Kapu

Really solid mix . aggressive, good balance. I like the guitar tone on mix2 .. drums and bass sound tight.
Really good mixing!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.