Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright (Nickolas Mix)
Hi, I'm from Russia and this is my first post here)) Checkout)

Mix02 has been fixed (added more space, some vocal and instrument balance corrections, high and low-mid frequency correction). Your feedback is important to me Wink

.mp3    Mix01_natural.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

.mp3    Mix02_Fixed.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

Hey Nickolas,

solid first mix, nice balance and dynamics.

Cymbals are a bit harsh, and there is too much going on in the low-mids (200-500Hz). I also think you could use a bit more ambience.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(09-06-2018, 10:32 AM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Nickolas,

solid first mix, nice balance and dynamics.

Cymbals are a bit harsh, and there is too much going on in the low-mids (200-500Hz). I also think you could use a bit more ambience.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks for your feedback. I agree, the mix sounds good, but not perfect. I think the reason is the quality of monitoring is not good enough. In what conditions do you make mixes?Rolleyes
As for the ambience, it is a matter of taste of each person. I created an imitation of the drum room microphone, as it was not in the multitrack, and thats it))
I use cheap (30€) Superlux HD681B Headphones, with a manually adjusted EQ curve to have a more balanced sound. When mixing, I use speaker emulation TB_Isone.
Hello. It's a very nice mix.

*there are some snare frequencies that I would kill but that's just me. I don't like any bad ringing there.
*balance on instruments are good. Nothing too loud or too quiet.
*there is a lot of space in the stereo field. I think if you were to hard pan left or right your mix will clean up like you have no idea. That's the only thing I can find that would make your mix better. You should try it.

Here is mine. Feel free to leave a comment.
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=13421