Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - 'What I Want' mix
Okay, fair enough.

Yep, I'll enjoy having a mix of this, hopefully sometime this week, & that will give me more of an idea of issues/difficulties with the tracks.

Happy mixing!
I Like Your mix, I find this a one a real challenge !
Having a listen to your mix at low volume on monitors and new Hd600's which im getting used to as my room isn’t perfect ,A personal preference just a touch more crack and top end air on the snare would sound awesome ,can hear the bass sounds a touch upfront some where between 50-100hz area 2 db 3 db max,Some boxyness in the kick in the 120-130 hz area and maybe clashing with the bass.The RHS Noise on the Guitar is printed on the track and rolling off some top end may reduce it a touch like you done in version 1.
Thinking of having another crack at this one as was one of my first mixes followed by another Poor attempt s 11 months later Blush!

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(24-06-2015, 05:08 PM)20000 Hz Under The Sea Wrote:
(23-06-2015, 03:20 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This sounds very good albeit very middle of the road.

Thanks so much for your critique, however, I'm sorry but I was looking for a critique from someone who has experience.

My experience as a mixer may be limited but not so as a listener. And what I meant by middle of the road (which is an old radio term) is that it seemed lacking inspiration. You seem to be an accomplished mixer and this is a bit bland and flat. Spice it up and try not to disparage people who mean no harm.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]