Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Milk Cow Blues
(12-02-2015, 10:41 AM)thedon Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 05:01 PM)arkansas_traveler Wrote: I thought the tracks were amazing. but Im an old recording engineer and been at it 50years. so I am easily impressed by todays technology. The players were all great. I would have liked the singer to blast the song like she meant it. way too low profile. one has to imagine the disaster of a very poor person losing her milk cow. That imagination may be hard to come by? The is nothing in those tracks I can't be fixed, either in GB or Logic. Or if your one of those pro tools folks.
they all work and are amazing. I started life with a team 4 tracker that still works and still has recordings which I have not been able to beat.

Thank you Sir ,you have been a recording engineer a couple of years more than I have been alive Blush,
I agree with you, I also love The sound of analog 4 track recordings .
Thank you Big Grin .

there is something additional I notice, and that is latency. there seems to be a lag on all the tracks with the drums. I loaded your tracks to GB and had a go, with my vocals and guitar and I was dead on.
You may wanna check your setup, and never use monitor from the DAW. always use a recording studio mixer. they will have the proper routing. I send the DAW to the board, and send the mix back to the inputs and I am always dead on time. This is a tricky setup but well documented in the mackie mixers manual.

(14-02-2015, 05:34 PM)arkansas_traveler Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 10:41 AM)thedon Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 05:01 PM)arkansas_traveler Wrote: I thought the tracks were amazing. but Im an old recording engineer and been at it 50years. so I am easily impressed by todays technology. The players were all great. I would have liked the singer to blast the song like she meant it. way too low profile. one has to imagine the disaster of a very poor person losing her milk cow. That imagination may be hard to come by? The is nothing in those tracks I can't be fixed, either in GB or Logic. Or if your one of those pro tools folks.
they all work and are amazing. I started life with a team 4 tracker that still works and still has recordings which I have not been able to beat.

Thank you Sir ,you have been a recording engineer a couple of years more than I have been alive Blush,
I agree with you, I also love The sound of analog 4 track recordings .
Thank you Big Grin .

there is something additional I notice, and that is latency. there seems to be a lag on all the tracks with the drums. I loaded your tracks to GB and had a go, with my vocals and guitar and I was dead on.
You may wanna check your setup, and never use monitor from the DAW. always use a recording studio mixer. they will have the proper routing. I send the DAW to the board, and send the mix back to the inputs and I am always dead on time. This is a tricky setup but well documented in the mackie mixers manual.

I will check my setup and investigate the latency issue .
Thank you Big Grin .
You said that you dont have any good quality reference track for this genre and that your skills are limited. You were wrong when you said that your skills are limited, opposite is truth. In one short listen I could tell you that you just know what is the essence of 1920s blues. The sound took my breath away. Sound is excellent. 10/10
(22-02-2015, 10:41 PM)Obelix Wrote: You said that you dont have any good quality reference track for this genre and that your skills are limited. You were wrong when you said that your skills are limited, opposite is truth. In one short listen I could tell you that you just know what is the essence of 1920s blues. The sound took my breath away. Sound is excellent. 10/10

Thank you for your having a listen and kind words Big Grin.