Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jessica Childress : 'Slow Down'
Very good mix. Really like how you managed the levels of the lead vocal make it very homogenous along the track, which is one of the challenges in this live piece. I also like the sound you came out with the snare. As scar sure kick, while its great in the intro, you probably just need to lower it down in the rest of the song or change eq to make it sitting in the other parts of the mix
(24-12-2014, 03:40 PM)FuturePlanSounds Wrote: Very good mix. Really like how you managed the levels of the lead vocal make it very homogenous along the track, which is one of the challenges in this live piece. I also like the sound you came out with the snare. As scar sure kick, while its great in the intro, you probably just need to lower it down in the rest of the song or change eq to make it sitting in the other parts of the mix

Thanks for having a listen great feedback 100% agree Big Grin !
(23-12-2014, 07:09 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Hi, Don! good vibe in your mix! yes, I agree with other people here about the kick but that's something quite easy to fix. I wish everything was that easy in mixing!!! :-D

Thanks Juanjose version 2 coming soon Big Grin !
Hey pal, that's a good, clean and punchy mix. I disagree on the volume critics of the kick drum, though. It's good as it is. You just seem to have the same problem with some loose frequencies that I had. Check the Toms and OH mics about that.

You might consider working on the backing vocals when they sing 'Slow down, baby!'. The middle pitch carries the main melody. You probably have to mult the backing vocals for that.
(10-01-2015, 10:36 AM)Daniel Deymon Wrote: Hey pal, that's a good, clean and punchy mix. I disagree on the volume critics of the kick drum, though. It's good as it is. You just seem to have the same problem with some loose frequencies that I had. Check the Toms and OH mics about that.

You might consider working on the backing vocals when they sing 'Slow down, baby!'. The middle pitch carries the main melody. You probably have to mult the backing vocals for that.

Thanks For having a listen Daniel
I will try to fix the resonances in the Toms and OH 's and backing Vocals on version 2
Thanks Big Grin!