Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jessica Childress : 'Slow Down'
Great song awesome Vocals and musicians ,had some drum phase issues needs more work ,any advice welcome as usual !
Thank you Big Grin !

.mp3    Slow Down -V1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.34 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I like this one....no real advice as nothing is really jumping out at me...good job
this is a quickie...i'm off to bed in a minute!

- your kick is front of stage. great for Rap though Smile
- the BV to the RHS isn't gelling with the space, i think the LHS is also problematic....is there also a balancing problem with the BV's too?
- major masking issue with the rhythm gtr.

you have a great vibe cooking here mate. love it.

gotta go...
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
catch ya laters..
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
Nice groove and overall sound. Actually our mixes sound quite the same, although we haven't heard each other's mixes while mixing.
I agree about the kick. I find it too loud. Apart from that it sounds quite good from here! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(09-12-2014, 12:25 PM)HbGuitar Wrote: I like this one....no real advice as nothing is really jumping out at me...good job

Thanks HB Big Grin !
(10-12-2014, 01:46 AM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: this is a quickie...i'm off to bed in a minute!

- your kick is front of stage. great for Rap though Smile
- the BV to the RHS isn't gelling with the space, i think the LHS is also problematic....is there also a balancing problem with the BV's too?
- major masking issue with the rhythm gtr.

you have a great vibe cooking here mate. love it.

gotta go...
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
catch ya laters..

I agree Dave ,I will have another play around Big Grin
Thanks .
(10-12-2014, 03:18 PM)Olli H Wrote: Nice groove and overall sound. Actually our mixes sound quite the same, although we haven't heard each other's mixes while mixing.

Thanks Olli !
Great minds think alike lol
(10-12-2014, 11:09 PM)ptalbot Wrote: I agree about the kick. I find it too loud. Apart from that it sounds quite good from here! Smile

Thanks Patrick !
I tried to make the intro big but overcooked the kick Big Grin.
Hi, Don! good vibe in your mix! yes, I agree with other people here about the kick but that's something quite easy to fix. I wish everything was that easy in mixing!!! :-D
mixing since April 2013