Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burning Bridges
I like the overall tone of the mix. The only two things I would do to it are: 1) the relationaship between tones of the kick and the snare (the snare is nice and snappy but the kick is a bit 'pillowy', I reckon it could benefit from boosting around 500 Hz); 2) vocal placing, it sort of stick out a bit in a way that it almost becomes separated from the rest (especially on verses).
Hey, thanks for you thoughts, thelongestyear. I didn't hear those issues when I was mixing it, but now that you've called my attention to them, I agree completely. The pillowy kick is an easy fix, but I'm not sure what I need to do with the vocal to get better blend... it may just be a less eq + more compression issue based on what I'm hearing now.

Again, thanks, that was a really useful comment Smile
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(22-09-2014, 01:50 PM)pauli Wrote: Hey, thanks for you thoughts, thelongestyear. I didn't hear those issues when I was mixing it, but now that you've called my attention to them, I agree completely. The pillowy kick is an easy fix, but I'm not sure what I need to do with the vocal to get better blend... it may just be a less eq + more compression issue based on what I'm hearing now.

Again, thanks, that was a really useful comment Smile

You're welcome! Smile
You can also deal with the vocal placing through a very short room reverb and scooping out about 180'ish Hz. Anyway, it's what I would do.