Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peripheral - voelund
Is the ping pong panned drum and bass loop in the stems or something you did?
Pauli Don and Olli. Thx ! Suggestions will be tried out when I get back in the studio chair.
I agree its a bit too wet. Its easy to fix. The delay may be too saturated as suggested. I went a bit overboard with that fine plugin.

Amphibian. Yes and no. If you load the tracks its center panned stereo loops. My reaction to havin it split in 2 files were they were meant to be separated. So I panned main loops slightly off center and chorus loops further to sides. I like that effect. Another creative way would be givin one ambience, other dry. Could create dramatic effect. Hey maybe I should try that
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
that gives me this idea... what if the unlinked loop tracks were panned centrally, but had SENDS that were panned off center? if those sends were down so low you could barely hear them... that could be super duper? still might be uncomfortable in phones, though.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
There are no rules and your idea is great.
If you listen to real stereo there are not necessarily a mono spot
Remindin us of the first sentence again. There are no rules

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Went bit more crazy on this, tryin AL bitcrusher, filter and juno 60 chorus like a madman.
Also turned down effect lvls to more reasonable amounts.
Kinda like the more aggressive drums on this, but its quit a diffrent mix.
If thats bad or good ...

.mp3    Peripheral 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 7.81 MB)

Sounds absolutely great to me. Much better than the previous version.

I like your vocal sound is much better than mine.

Bg enhances the main vocal nicely. Maybe too far for my taste, but it fits sonically very good to main vocals.

Telephone sound nice idea in choruses. It creates nice variation and rhythm.

Good work with esses. Maybe you got the telephone idea from the extra problematic esses in that track.

I like the kick sound in verses, but in choruses it disappears. Maybe you could automate it to be little thinner but louder there. That would give also room to the low-bass that's now quite difficult to distinquish.

I like the effect at 02:35

And the unbelieveable main thing last: your mix is brighter than mine. Maybe it's just temporary accident caused by the heatwave. Smile
Great idea for improvement in middle piece.
Bright, well I took your suggestion tryin somthin new and thought this song fitted just fine.
By the way did you win that howlin thing. I didnt Big Grin
(31-07-2014, 11:35 PM)Voelund Wrote: By the way did you win that howlin thing. I didnt Big Grin
No, I don't believe my skills are good enough for those competitions. Those judges can hear such a things that neither my ears nor brains just can't hear - or evaluate as important. But it makes my try even harder Smile

(31-07-2014, 11:35 PM)Voelund Wrote: Bright, well I took your suggestion tryin somthin new and thought this song fitted just fine.
Cool! I think much learning happens when one is willing to go to explore the painful areas. "Voelundian pain area" are is probably <100 hz and >10 kHz. I think my pain areas are all the music genres that have been invented after 80's. And also overcompressed drums. Or maybe they are the same thing. Smile

I think your obsevation is spot on