Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback Requested: My Mix of Dark Ride’s ‘Dead Enemies’
Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on my mix version of Dark Ride’s track ‘Dead Enemies’ and I’m excited to share it with this community. Music mixing is a passion of mine, and I’m always looking to improve and refine my skills.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism you might have. Whether it’s about the balance of instruments, the EQ settings, or the overall feel of the mix, your insights would be invaluable to me.
Thank you for taking the time to listen and share your thoughts!
Best regards, Ihar

.mp3    Dark Ride\'s \'Dead Enemies\'.mp3 --  (Download: 13.04 MB)

.mp3    Dark Ride\'s \'Dead Enemies\' v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

This part of the forum may not be as popular, but I would really appreciate your opinions and suggestions Smile
Hi IharBild,

A couple points:
Kick and snare feels a bit weak. Might be benefited by some more compression. At least kick.
Guitars needs to be more forward.
Bass mids are very forward compared to the lows. It doesn't sound bad necessarily, but needs to be balanced by a bit more lowend I think. And complemented by more forward guitars.

Hope that helps.
Focusrite Solo | Presonus Eris E5 | Custom box JBL subwoofer | Sennheiser 6XX | Reaper
I agree the bass is too thin sounding and very prominent in comparison with the rest of the mix..
Kick sounds fine to me maybe needs just a bit more click on it to pierce through better.
Lead guitars that carry melody should be more forward just to enhance the melodic nature of the song.

keep it up is not a bad sounding mix by any means, just needs more polish work.
Thank you very much for your answers and advice, I really appreciate them! 

I remixed this song and tried to take everything into account, added guitars, reworked the bass, and worked on the kick drum.

.mp3    Dark Ride\'s \'Dead Enemies\' v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

(17-06-2024, 07:28 PM)IharBild Wrote: Thank you very much for your answers and advice, I really appreciate them! 

I remixed this song and tried to take everything into account, added guitars, reworked the bass, and worked on the kick drum.

A lot better, good work.
Focusrite Solo | Presonus Eris E5 | Custom box JBL subwoofer | Sennheiser 6XX | Reaper
Thank you sondretski! Your advise was really helpful.