Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Winds of Gypsy Moor by Franz
Hi all,

Excellent composition and very good interpretation. A treat to mix...

The most difficult thing, however, is finding and maintaining the right atmosphere throughout the song. Afterwards, always the same story, we must be able to listen to it on the numerous listening systems existing today and there it becomes singularly complicated. So obviously choices.

Well, I'll let you be the judge...

Franz

.mp3    The Winds of Gypsy Moor-THE FERRYBOAT MEN-mix by Franz- mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.29 MB)

I think you got a great thing going on here. I just think the drums are too forward. Everthing else sounds really well blended together.. but the drums they just sound like they were added after the fact. Aside from that I think sonically the mix works pretty good.
Hey Shul,

Thank you for this feedback and your appreciation for my mix.

Your reflection on toms is very interesting and it is indeed the most sensitive point of this title. Usually in a rock or pop song the rhythm is generally given in part to the drums in which the two driving elements are the snare and the kick. In the present case of "...Gypsy..." it is the toms which "replace" the snare. This is surprising but nothing more. So if we return the toms to their "standard" level in a drum kit, they will be less loud. And in this case the mix will become shaky because there is no driving rhythm line. Tests carried out in the car and with low quality headphones. Flagrant. In this sense I will leave my mix as is.

A reaction ?

Francis