Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder : Siren (Unofficial Mix)
Hello guys,
For my second post on these forums I thought I'd post what is probably my favourite song out of the collection so far, siren. Did a few things differently compared to the original mix in terms of the structure mostly but overall it was a very enjoyable song to mix. Any feedback would be very much appreciated and thank you for listening!

.mp3    Georgia Wonder - Siren (Unofficial Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 14.11 MB)

I there.
snare is missing. kick is missing.

The vocals sound good here. The balances work well with the back vocals as well.

I like that drop in the transition and that crescendo in the synths. when the girl says "come to me" .. pertty dope.

I only mixed this song once many years ago but I remember this having a ton of rhythmic tracks that you have to work with to manage a good energy.
I think your mix is missing that rhythmic energy and several other tracks that I know are in there. This mix is mostly just keys and vocals. You should listen to the tracks individually and hear what they bring to the table. Only then you can get a better Idea of where to go.
Listen to others versions of this song and hear for what you missed in yours. That always helps me.
(30-03-2024, 03:58 AM)Shul Wrote: I there.
snare is missing. kick is missing.

The vocals sound good here. The balances work well with the back vocals as well.

I like that drop in the transition and that crescendo in the synths. when the girl says "come to me" .. pertty dope.

I only mixed this song once many years ago but I remember this having a ton of rhythmic tracks that you have to work with to manage a good energy.
I think your mix is missing that rhythmic energy and several other tracks that I know are in there. This mix is mostly just keys and vocals. You should listen to the tracks individually and hear what they bring to the table. Only then you can get a better Idea of where to go.
Listen to others versions of this song and hear for what you missed in yours. That always helps me.
Hi there,
I Listened back to my mix and then a few others (such as the preview mix) and to be honest I think yeah the kick and snare do lack a bit of that "punch" or energy that you'd want in dance song, I think I gave a little more emphasis on the bass for my low end, and on the vocal+keys as you mentioned because I felt that they matched the "vibe" I got from the song better. Either way I will go back to the mix to re-asses the percussion elements in general

Thank you for the feedback!