Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Oh Lawd She Comin!
Heyoooo whatshappeninmydudes

Hey look we got a nice little thingy to mix, lemme have a crack at it.

Loud and proud! This was a pretty quick mix so I'll probably clean it up some more.

Comments will be rewarded with emojis, thankfulness, and thoughtful consideration.

**EDIT**
I had another quick listen this afternoon and I made a few quick moves and now I think we are in a better place.
I ended up just replacing the first mix because the changes were very minor. 

I would also like to say a quick thanks to the Ferryboat Men who provided these tracks. This was an EXCELLENTLY recorded and produced session, and was fully mix ready. 

Thanks again all, and please leave a comment, suggestion, or question.

**EDIT 2**
Added a cleaner mix with a reamped lead guitar (Mix1.2). I'm not sure if it's better - maybe my amp sim isn't up to scratch.

.mp3    TheFerryboatMen_WindsOfGypsyMoor_Mix1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.72 MB)

.mp3    TheFerryboatMen_WindsOfGypsyMoor_Mix1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.72 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Heavy saturation. Works pretty good. Nice take. Fun stereo field. Immersive.
Guitar solo seems not to fit the rest of your approach. I had issues with that too.
Very listenable. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(06-03-2024, 08:47 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Heavy saturation. Works pretty good. Nice take. Fun stereo field. Immersive.
Guitar solo seems not to fit the rest of your approach. I had issues with that too.
Totally agree with your opinion on the guitar. I was thinking perhaps re-amping it and playing around until I got goosebumps. I'll see how it goes and post a separate mix with the results. 
I would also like to edit this to be structured the same as the example mix provided by the band. That will involve a little more work.
~
Other Mixes
Works for me too.
I would use this type of saturation mainly in a more "aggressive" genre, but it seems it works here too.
The vocals turned out pretty nicely, but for the solo I have to agree with Mixinthecloud, doesn't quite fit. ( I've re-amped it to my liking )

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
(07-03-2024, 03:56 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 08:47 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Heavy saturation. Works pretty good. Nice take. Fun stereo field. Immersive.
Totally agree with your opinion on the guitar. I was thinking perhaps re-amping it and playing around until I got goosebumps. I'll see how it goes and post a separate mix with the results. 
I would also like to edit this to be structured the same as the example mix provided by the band. That will involve a little more work.
Oo. The Goosebump method!  That works for me. Go get it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-03-2024, 08:51 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
Cheers mate,

I've added another (cleaner) mix to try to solve some of these issues but I'm honestly not sure if it's better.
~
Other Mixes
You have brought out the rock in this one!!! mix 2
but I am struggling with the over compressed drums ; all the transients are lost which has taken the energy, drive out of the song, and made the kick sound flabby.
All the elements sit well together ; would like more backing vocal to reinforce the chorus .
I like your what you have done with the lead vocal . I my head I hear this song being more dynamic and open and bigger.
my personal taste.
overall I like the energy , well done.
All thoughts sent with Encouragement .

Keep on Keeping on.
(08-03-2024, 07:17 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
Cheers mate,

I've added another (cleaner) mix to try to solve some of these issues but I'm honestly not sure if it's better.
I'd say an improvement. Flows a little better into the solo sections now.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-03-2024, 03:59 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 07:17 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
Cheers mate,

I'd say an improvement. Flows a little better into the solo sections now.
Appreciate that. Thanks for the feedback mate.
~
Other Mixes