Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Flyin mix
Wow, what a challenge. I regretted starting this about 100 times I think but I pulled through. Not happy with the snare and I could probably do more automation on the vocals but at this point I just want to be done with this one.

.mp3    TheApprehended_StillFlyin.mp3 --  (Download: 9 MB)

.mp3    TheApprehended_StillFlyin-2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.19 MB)

.mp3    TheApprehended_StillFlyin-4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.4 MB)

I feel your pain Lol. Mixed this a while back and yes it was a challenge.

Here are my observations.
Kick is missing. I believe if the track was in, it was mean to be a trigger??? All I hear is just a small thump that sounds more like a click trigger to replace for a kick?
The overall brightness of the mix is way too bright. Needs a lot more midrange for the song to feel solid. When you have a mid scooped song, it's just makes it thin.
Overall needs more beef. Not sure if you over eq'd this but needs more low and low mids to push through.
(05-08-2023, 10:24 PM)Shul Wrote: I feel your pain Lol. Mixed this a while back and yes it was a challenge.

Here are my observations.
Kick is missing. I believe if the track was in, it was mean to be a trigger??? All I hear is just a small thump that sounds more like a click trigger to replace for a kick?
The overall brightness of the mix is way too bright. Needs a lot more midrange for the song to feel solid. When you have a mid scooped song, it's just makes it thin.
Overall needs more beef. Not sure if you over eq'd this but needs more low and low mids to push through.

Hi Shul, thanks so much for the feedback.

The kick I believe is not a trigger but it was a bit low in the mix. I had a hard time mixing both the kick and snare due to the amount of cymbal bleed.

I didn't think the lows and low mids were that bad but my room isn't properly treated yet so I could very well be wrong, lol.

Added in some more low/low mids that I had eq'd out, fixed polarity and alignment room and snare, raised the kick vol. Updated original post.
Ended up cleaning up some stuff today as well, I see now after getting some rest that it was indeed very bright, lol.

Cheers