Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B - Broken Again mix and master
Here is my mix and master of the song.

Goal was to lean in more to the raw element of the song. Added my own DIs and mixed it with the given guitars to taste.

Hope you enjoy! Smile

.mp3    Daimon B - Broken Again.mp3 --  (Download: 4.93 MB)

Hello.
Toms need to pierce more through the mix I don't hear them at all.
I like the bass tone you got here is sounds great but I would like for that snare to come more forward than the bass. Or better yet, run that reverb to a bus and leave the snare track raw so
it doesn't loose that body. Sometimes running reverb through the same track tends to SOFTEN the sound in the track. A separate reverb bus would make your snare sound more snappy in my opinion.
some of the Vocals in that chorus are sounding way too thin in my opinion. I wouldn't use the highpass filter that high. It's causing for the vocals to sound harsh when put together.
Hey! Thanks for the critique!
Those toms...they gave me fits throughout the session, and in hindsight, I think I should have replaced them with more attack heavy samples and mixed them in to the original toms. Or perhaps add some transient to them?
Fin fact about the bass. I didn't do anything to them. No plugins of any kind. I thought they sounded great as is, so there was no need to do anything other than have them fit with the guitars and drums.
The snare has some room ambiance, and I did add a reverb bus, but found that it lost a lot of the tone of the snare. Since the given snare track was attack heavy, adding reverb to it sounded...bad. At least to me, it did. I'll try to add some EQ on the verb bus and see if I can keep the tone that I have.
For the vocals, apart from adding reverb and delay, there was a tiny amount of EQ, but no HPF added to it. The plugin that I used only has a two band EQ (high and low) that I very sparingly used. It's probably another thing that I'll have to go back and redo, as I didn't comp the vocals, and I should have. Smile