Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
FytaKyte_TooMuch
(22-06-2023, 02:00 PM)vovolan Wrote: I think the 'insanely crushed' comment may refer to the obvious distortion on drums (or drums causing the distortion somewhere in the chain), mostly with certain kick hits and cymbals, you can hear that ie. 2:08 kick+crash or later 2:21 when the cymbals come in they're all buzzing hot. I don't think it's "Insanely crushed" thou, just.. a bit Smile

But I like your mix. What I don't like is the snare that's very exposed and feels spacious (reverb?) which I think steals too much of listeners attention, but if that's what you wanted then it's all good

4 stars from me
Hey vovolan thanks for the detailed feedback!

You're absolutely correct, there's distortion there. Can easily be heard on headphones. Could be Cheap speakers, untreated space or old fart ears but for some reason the distortion caint be heard over my speakers. I would fix it except I don't remember what mix revision this one was.

The snare has a little added space to it to spread it out some but most of the drum sound comes from the room and OH mics. Really liked the room sound on this kit so its up loud and proud  Big Grin