Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Glory
Hey all,
What a lovely track! I was pleasantly surprised to find this little gem today, and it was a dream to mix. Well recorded, produced, and all.
My only critique of the recording session is that the vocal burnt out the microphone when he shouted. Apart from that, very lovely!
Comments are welcome! And if you want to know how I treated anything in the mix, what plugin chains I used or whatever, I'll be happy to tell you. 
As usual, this ix is 100% in the box.

.mp3    Simplemachine_IngloriaMix1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

~
Other Mixes
This one sounds super tight and clean! I can defensively see where you were going for. Interesting, I didn't think about using a chorus/phaser on the voice mail part. It absolutely cleans way between the cellos and voicemail.
(05-04-2023, 06:12 PM)Ricks2006 Wrote: This one sounds super tight and clean! I can defensively see where you were going for. Interesting, I didn't think about using a chorus/phaser on the voice mail part. It absolutely cleans way between the cellos and voicemail.
Hey, thanks so much for the kind words!

Yeah, the effect on the voicemail is a bit of a secret weapon of mine, actually. I'm a Logic Pro user, and Logic comes with this neat little mod called "rotor cabinet," which gives great stereo modulation and distortion. Once you peg the crap out of the 1.5k harshness with EQ, it sounds really sweet. I don't use it a lot, though. It can be hit-and-miss sometimes.
~
Other Mixes
(06-04-2023, 01:32 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 06:12 PM)Ricks2006 Wrote: This one sounds super tight and clean! I can defensively see where you were going for. Interesting, I didn't think about using a chorus/phaser on the voice mail part. It absolutely cleans way between the cellos and voicemail.

Yeah, the effect on the voicemail is a bit of a secret weapon of mine, actually. I'm a Logic Pro user, and Logic comes with this neat little mod called "rotor cabinet," which gives great stereo modulation and distortion. Once you peg the crap out of the 1.5k harshness with EQ, it sounds really sweet. I don't use it a lot, though. It can be hit-and-miss sometimes.

Btw, did you use the rotor fx on bass at the start? it definitely gabe the song a different vibe. Btw I ise logic aswell lol Man for me, the snare tracks were good, but tough to work with. Im not sure how it was recorded but in some parts they sounded honked. Or like hitting a piece of wood.lol I end up doubling the snare with one from logic lol. So I combined the original and new as best as possible so as not to lose its signature tone lol. 
(06-04-2023, 02:31 AM)Ricks2006 Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 01:32 AM)Quathamer Wrote:

Btw, did you use the rotor fx on bass at the start? it definitely gabe the song a different vibe. Btw I ise logic aswell lol Man for me, the snare tracks were good, but tough to work with. Im not sure how it was recorded but in some parts they sounded honked. Or like hitting a piece of wood.lol I end up doubling the snare with one from logic lol. So I combined the original and new as best as possible so as not to lose its signature tone lol. 
For the bass, I used a bunch of stuff, but I really wanted a nice wide bass with a bit of fuzz. I used a CE-1 chorus in my EchoBoy, then I used a ValhalaSpaceModulator for a bit more width and fuzz.
The complete plugin chain for the bass goes:
Gate
Digital EQ (surgical work)
EchoBoy (Chorus)
Drive
Analogue EQ (Boost 80, 500, 1k)
Compressor (Max 10db gain reduction)
ValhalaSpaceModulator (Flanger - VariUp mode)

And some automation. And that's it!
~
Other Mixes
(04-04-2023, 05:07 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Hey all,
What a lovely track! I was pleasantly surprised to find this little gem today, and it was a dream to mix. Well recorded, produced, and all.
My only critique of the recording session is that the vocal burnt out the microphone when he shouted. Apart from that, very lovely!
Comments are welcome! And if you want to know how I treated anything in the mix, what plugin chains I used or whatever, I'll be happy to tell you. 
Hey Quathamer! A good sounding and balanced mix I like it and also the echo on the vocal is a good idea. Maybe the snare feels a tiny bit too loud, but that is not a big issue. Anyway a nice job mate!
(06-04-2023, 10:45 PM)heinim Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 05:07 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Hey all,
Hey Quathamer! A good sounding and balanced mix I like it and also the echo on the vocal is a good idea. Maybe the snare feels a tiny bit too loud, but that is not a big issue. Anyway a nice job mate!
Thanks so much Hieny, good feedback!
~
Other Mixes