Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Peppermark: 'Interlude' - MY MIX
Hi hi!  

Haven't been on the site for a while. 

Awesome song and tracks!!! Had a ton of fun mixing this!

Any thoughts are welcome.

Cheers! Big Grin

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

(10-03-2023, 09:29 AM)AlexMixingStuff Wrote: Hi hi!  

Haven't been on the site for a while. 

Awesome song and tracks!!! Had a ton of fun mixing this!

Any thoughts are welcome.

Cheers! Big Grin

WOOOOW!!!
good work. Smile
intro too low and the rest of the mix way too loud in comparision. The mix though is one of my favs from this song. Rhythm guitars and drums smack the way I like. I would have like the other guitars a bit more forward to bring up that melody reinforcement in the mix. Having said that I think it's one the the best mixes I've heard so far. Keep it up!
Glad you had fun!!!!

bro, i think your mix is AWESOME!!!!!

guitars are balanced, bass sounds GNARLY (the way i love it hehe) and the drums have a lot of energy, without losing clarity and punch.

the only nitpicking problems i could find are:

- some snare hits seem of phase, but like 1 or 2
- bass sometimes gets muted, that's because de bass DI occasionally gets out phase with the "bass low" track
- maybe turn those intro and crunch gtrs up a bit, and the octave gtrs down a bit
- maybe turn down the "grittyness" of the bass on the build-up
- maybe turn those FX drums up by around 3-6dB
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
[Image: Uc6vq.png]

Love the mix!! The guitars and kick sound like Thor's hammer. Did you use the original tracks or did you re-amp the DI's? I'm struggling to get punch out of the Guitar tracks.
(03-04-2023, 06:39 PM)electrik_red_music Wrote: Love the mix!! The guitars and kick sound like Thor's hammer. Did you use the original tracks or did you re-amp the DI's? I'm struggling to get punch out of the Guitar tracks.
Hello! Thank you for checking out my mix! 
Yes, I did use the original tracks for everything except the bass where I added a distortion track on top the regular track for extra clankyness.
Cheers!