Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PAIN REMAINS
(29-09-2022, 09:30 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Good mix.

(Feel free to stop reading here and ignore anything below this line Smile).

Couple of general thoughts  -

Heavier guitars.  (Ha). For me they are maybe competing with mids of the vocal a little too much at times Tongue, and also the kick, bass and snare a little.  I feel a bit more shaping would have cleaned up the middle of the mix a whole lot and give the vocals a touch more space, as would pushing the odd thing a touch wider in the mix too.

Maybe have a go at finalising the mix too? I feel you can bring the volume up a few db more.  You’ve got a good overall frequency balance (did you ditch the Beyers Big Grin), and your mix will take it fine. Try hitting it a bit harder with a half decent limiter to bring it up to somewhere between -7 and -9 LUFS and it will hang a bit better with pro mixes, and it will be a little easier to reference the mix with them (level matched) as well.

Cheers!
Still Beyerdinamics headphones lol. Just listen to a few references to not loose track of the spectrum.
So I always use reaper and when limit my final mix, it's always to 0db on the master fader. Never above.. always compare to some mixes on yooutube and they always seem to have the same volume as some pro mixes. truth is I don't know how to go above that 0db.. not sure if my gain staging is wrong or what.. but some mixes can get very loud and some not as loud (and they both peak at 0db on the master)

Messages In This Thread
PAIN REMAINS - by Shul - 24-09-2022, 04:31 AM
RE: PAIN REMAINS - by Shul - 25-09-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: PAIN REMAINS - by heinim - 29-09-2022, 09:00 PM
RE: PAIN REMAINS - by mikej - 29-09-2022, 09:30 PM
RE: PAIN REMAINS - by Shul - 30-09-2022, 06:05 AM
RE: PAIN REMAINS - by mikej - 30-09-2022, 07:51 AM
RE: PAIN REMAINS - by SonicTramp - 15-10-2022, 03:02 AM