Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Our Good Wolf - Tourism
(14-04-2022, 01:17 AM)Mammy Wrote: I feel that you are one of the gentleman ,nice and polite  guy in this forum.
I'm jealous. Sad

Yeah. I like the upfront piano. And I like the compression and effects on the vocal. It helps focus the song. If I had any complaint it would be the it could be cleaned up a bit more. Especially the vocal. I can still hear the click track in the mid section. It's not big deal but it catches my ear.
Oh and I also agree with Mammy...the snare could be a bit fatter.
(14-04-2022, 01:17 AM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Mikej .Your mix is great .Only I wanted to hear low end snare.I loved how you drive the song with piano.Congrulations !

Appreciate the comments. I've posted an updated mix with a touch more low end on the snare. I think I do tend to mix snares a little on the thin side, for some reason.

Quote:I feel that you are one of the gentleman ,nice and polite  guy in this forum.

Thanks! One tries one's best Big Grin.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(14-04-2022, 06:25 PM)roy Wrote: Yeah. I like the upfront piano. And I like the compression and effects on the vocal. It helps focus the song. If I had any complaint it would be the it could be cleaned up a bit more. Especially the vocal. I can still hear the click track in the mid section. It's not big deal but it catches my ear.

That bleed is honest. 

It's my little homage to Dave Pensado. (Christina Aguilera - Beautiful, in case no one gets the reference).  Yeah, good catch  Blush.  Phil mentioned it too.  Not sure about the rest of it, but I've cleaned up the vocal a bit.

Quote:Oh and I also agree with Mammy...the snare could be a bit fatter.

OK!!!

Thanks for the listen and the comments, much appreciated.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(14-04-2022, 07:50 PM)mikej Wrote:
(14-04-2022, 06:25 PM)roy Wrote: Yeah. I like the upfront piano. And I like the compression and effects on the vocal. It helps focus the song. If I had any complaint it would be the it could be cleaned up a bit more. Especially the vocal. I can still hear the click track in the mid section. It's not big deal but it catches my ear.

That bleed is honest. 

It's my little homage to Dave Pensado. (Christina Aguilera - Beautiful, in case no one gets the reference).  Yeah, good catch  Blush.  Phil mentioned it too.  Not sure about the rest of it, but I've cleaned up the vocal a bit.

Quote:Oh and I also agree with Mammy...the snare could be a bit fatter.

OK!!!

Thanks for the listen and the comments, much appreciated.

Cheers!
No lie, I was going to mention "Beautiful" in my original post....
Me too. I consider all my mixes beautiful. Big Grin.

Cheers!

* (Might be a lie.)
(14-04-2022, 07:54 PM)mikej Wrote: Me too.  I consider all my mixes beautiful.  Big Grin.

Cheers!

* (Might be a lie.)
This is a solid reply btw. Good job.
Hey mikej, I listened to your second mix. A really nice balance on overall fat, full sound!

One thing you might try to improve... when the guitar solo comes in I'd make the guitar louder es especially at first notes but also in generell. The piano I'd mix a lil bit softer there, just so it is a good supporter for the guitars but not to steal them their show.

Cheers!
Hi MikeJ, nice mix, may be a bit to much low end on my monitor in my untreated room. I appreciate above all the clean snare (at least compared to my efforts to get something clean from there Smile )
Hey Mike, i like the upfront mixing , good overall mix Smile For me the mix and also master could be tiny more agressive.
(15-04-2022, 09:14 AM)AndyGallas Wrote: Hey mikej, I listened to your second mix. A really nice balance on overall fat, full sound!

One thing you might try to improve... when the guitar solo comes in I'd make the guitar louder es especially at first notes but also in generell. The piano I'd mix a lil bit softer there, just so it is a good supporter for the guitars but not to steal them their show.

Cheers!

Hi!

Thanks for checking it out. It's good to see you back!

- Apologies for not getting round to checking out your mix properly yet, I'll try and get to it tomorrow.

Yeah - I agree with you that the first solo can come up a bit.

Listening to the library mix, my idea was for the first guitar to be up front, then for the piano to come forward when that other slightly phasey guitar comes in - assuming we are talking about the same section.

Cheers!