Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Our Good Wolf - Tourism
(15-04-2022, 10:58 AM)phil_basement Wrote: Hi MikeJ, nice mix, may be a bit to much low end on my monitor in my untreated room. I appreciate above all the clean snare (at least compared to my efforts to get something clean from there Smile )

Thanks!

I think the bass is ok for me my end, I will bear your comment in mind though. Regarding the snare - I just gated the direct mic to get a clean hit, but the downside is you lose a lot of the ghost notes, which is maybe a bit of a shame.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-04-2022, 09:09 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Mike, i like the upfront mixing , good overall mix Smile For me the mix and also master could be tiny more agressive.

Thanks!

Interesting comment there regarding the master -

I am actually pushing quite hard into the bus compressor - not for the compression but for the harmonics you get when you push into it (Cytomic Glue). I don't usually push it that much, but when I noticed and backed off the level to gainstage it properly, I felt the mix lost something, so I put it back as it was.

I guess I could possibly limit it a bit more, but I think you can already notice a couple of spots of perhaps too much distortion? I think the distortion might actually be the guitar amp in the mix rather than bus processing, but pushing into the bus compressor is likely highlighting more than it might be.

Anyway, many thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the comment.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
There are definitely points when you can hear the blown speakers of one of the guitar amps. That may trigger someone to thinking the mix is distorted.
(15-04-2022, 09:37 PM)mikej Wrote:
(15-04-2022, 09:09 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Mike, i like the upfront mixing , good overall mix Smile For me the mix and also master could be tiny more agressive.

Thanks! 

Interesting comment there regarding the master - 

I am actually pushing quite hard into the bus compressor - not for the compression but for the harmonics you get when you push into it (Cytomic Glue).  I don't usually push it that much, but when I noticed and backed off the level to gainstage it properly, I felt the mix  lost something, so I put it back as it was.

I guess I could possibly limit it a bit more, but I think you can already notice a couple of spots of perhaps too much distortion?  I think the distortion might actually be the guitar amp in the mix rather than bus processing, but pushing into the bus compressor is likely highlighting more than it might be.

Anyway, many thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the comment.

Cheers!
Yes man think i wasnt really clear about my comment, i didn't mean loudnes-wise cuz there its good but more like tonally.
Hey dude!
Really nice mix.
I like the natural sound on drums.
Good job Smile
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Hi mikej!
I listened to Tourism 1.0. Nice mix. I like the vocals. Nothing to complain.
Good Job!