Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will Evans - Me And My Crew [Andrey Benassi] MIX]
(22-09-2021, 11:08 PM)Omnishambles Wrote: I can't listen to the mix at the moment but I think it's important for us to remember that 'loudness' is, or at least should be, the realm of the Mastering engineer.  I'm not saying that this mix is too loud or not loud enough or just right but I think for us on the forum 'loudness' shouldn't be a main concern. I get it, it's part of the process and another element we'd like to master (no pun intended) so it's not meant as a slight to those who wish to push those boundaries but it's not necessarily a part of mixing. Or at least, shouldn't be.

And there's a separate mastering section of the board (https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/foru...hp?fid=549) we could all take advantage of.
I agree with you, maybe the volume bothers him because it's a little louder and I understand what he meant.

As we often 'master' our own mixing work, maybe loudness is a topic that we need start to consider in this forum...
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Evans - Me And My Crew [Andrey Benassi] MIX] - by andreybenassi - 22-09-2021, 11:22 PM