Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Blue Bastards - Lights Out
(24-02-2021, 03:09 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Good clean mix, but for me I think it is somehow sounding a bit safe, and lacking in energy and vibe?    (I think vibe is somehow my word of the week, I feel I am using it a lot recently for some reason).

I feel I am somehow left wanting a bit more angst, a bit more edge from the guitars, and a bit more power in the snare.  Maybe it's a bit too clean for this genre for me?

Cheers!
You absolutely right, this is a style I don't mix generally, soo that energy and vibe I didn't get it right! Didn't get a good sinergy between kick and snare too, sounds like a bit desconnected!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Hi andreybenassi fantastic mix i must say,i do think the intro vocal could come down a touch as man3ster said, but thats no big deal still sounds really good.and i think Dangerous(Dave) should give it a go,i know iam Smile
Reaper user
(24-02-2021, 05:45 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi andreybenassi fantastic mix i must say,i do think the intro vocal could come down a touch as man3ster said, but thats no big deal still sounds really good.and i think Dangerous(Dave) should give it a go,i know iam Smile
I agree 100% with you both!!! Thanks for the feedback!!!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
[email protected]
(24-02-2021, 02:00 PM)andreybenassi Wrote:
(24-02-2021, 09:10 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Super Nice Andrey.  I love the Vox / guitar relationship. Both shine and both have space.  Great build and use of effects throughout and love the tight nailed down bottom end.  I was going to mix this, but there's no point now, with a mix like this the jobs done!  Well done mate.
Really nice from you, thanks for that!

I really think that you should mix it, it's not a easy song because the original drums wasnt that good for the song, listening it now I would do some changes in the drums.

It’s cool to mix to study how to face problems!

I will have a go at it as some stage.  I like it when mixes of this caliber appear on this forum.  For me, it sets the standard of where I would like to get to with a mix. Regardless of taste and style, this is very polished, well executed and for me the level required to do this professionally.
Very Good Mix ,would Like to know how you did it ?

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(25-02-2021, 09:22 AM)thedon Wrote: Very Good Mix ,would Like to know how you did it ?

Cheers Big Grin

Me too, Don   Big Grin
samples,he does every mix
[quote pid='106647' dateline='1614227576']
[quote pid='106596' dateline='1614171620']
I will have a go at it as some stage.  I like it when mixes of this caliber appear on this forum.  For me, it sets the standard of where I would like to get to with a mix. Regardless of taste and style, this is very polished, well executed and for me the level required to do this professionally.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Great! Man!
Is great to hear that, so nice from you! I think you can follow my threads in this forum, so you can check my mixes if you want!
I'll be planning everytime I have some free time, I will be mixing the songs that are being released on the platform as a way of continuous learning.
This song was trick because of the more "energyzed" vibe, didn't get songs like that at all!
[email protected]
(25-02-2021, 09:22 AM)thedon Wrote: Very Good Mix ,would Like to know how you did it ?

Cheers Big Grin
Thanks dude!

Click on youtube link and read the description, I may help you!
Thanks!
[email protected]
(25-02-2021, 12:19 PM)takka360 Wrote: samples,he does every mix
This is not true, but in this song I used it, without fear of being judged.  Smile
[email protected]