Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Blue Bastards - Lights Out
Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.

Don't be rude, just let's talk about mixing and music!

About 4 hours mixing, I did put some things I like in it and finished.

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDhELMK58EA

Cheers!

.mp3    BLUE BASTARDS - ANDREY MIX V3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Hello Andrey !
Nice job, everything is perfectly clean. I definitely need to practice more to reach this level haha.
It's just a matter of taste, but I think the guitars could be a bit more present.
Cheers!
(23-02-2021, 01:08 PM)raphcath Wrote: Hello Andrey !
Nice job, everything is perfectly clean. I definitely need to practice more to reach this level haha.
It's just a matter of taste, but I think the guitars could be a bit more present.
Cheers!
Hello! Thanks for the feedback!

I like you've said, by hearing a day after I would give the guitars more volume...

You mean presence in EQ or Volume? I would change a few things in addition also, but as a exercise mix, its fine...
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
[email protected]
(22-02-2021, 08:12 PM)Hello Andrey,Respectively I think the vocals are a bit overtaking in the intro relative to the guitars. The drums sound tight and clean. The bass I feel would sound good brought out a bit more. Nice job overall particularly when the song is at its loudest parts.andreybenassi Wrote: Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.

Cheers!
(23-02-2021, 11:23 PM)man3ster Wrote:
(22-02-2021, 08:12 PM)Hello Andrey,Respectively I think the vocals are a bit overtaking in the intro relative to the guitars. The drums sound tight and clean. The bass I feel would sound good brought out a bit more. Nice job overall particularly when the song is at its loudest parts.andreybenassi Wrote: Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.

Cheers!
Thanks, man!
Maybe more volume in the intruments at the beggining?
The bass you mean volume? Or energy, distortion kinda thing?

Cheers!
[email protected]
Very nice Andre. Maybe clip gain the breaths down just a bit but not too much. The compressor is really exaggerating them.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Super Nice Andrey.  I love the Vox / guitar relationship. Both shine and both have space.  Great build and use of effects throughout and love the tight nailed down bottom end.  I was going to mix this, but there's no point now, with a mix like this the jobs done!  Well done mate.
(24-02-2021, 01:37 AM)Faders_up Wrote: Very nice Andre. Maybe clip gain the breaths down just a bit but not too much. The compressor is really exaggerating them.
Good observation, man! I would say that it don't bothers me, the breaths is there, but they aren't sound like they have asma yet, hahaha.
[email protected]
(24-02-2021, 09:10 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Super Nice Andrey.  I love the Vox / guitar relationship. Both shine and both have space.  Great build and use of effects throughout and love the tight nailed down bottom end.  I was going to mix this, but there's no point now, with a mix like this the jobs done!  Well done mate.
Really nice from you, thanks for that!

I really think that you should mix it, it's not a easy song because the original drums wasnt that good for the song, listening it now I would do some changes in the drums.

It’s cool to mix to study how to face problems!
[email protected]
Hi!

Good clean mix, but for me I think it is somehow sounding a bit safe, and lacking in energy and vibe? (I think vibe is somehow my word of the week, I feel I am using it a lot recently for some reason).

I feel I am somehow left wanting a bit more angst, a bit more edge from the guitars, and a bit more power in the snare. Maybe it's a bit too clean for this genre for me?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!