Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SuchFinePeople Mix Update
Did a new mix keeping the suggestions from my previous mix in mind. Which can be found here: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=36405
That being said the guitars were recorded super wide and thus mono compatibility is pretty bad on those , really nothing i can do about it unless i go 50-50 on the panning but its not something i do very often because i don't like narrow guitars especially on this genre.

I also really wish they recorded the vocals with more compression going in but then again i dont really know the studio situation where it was recorded because it sounds to me like its just running directly into the interface (i could be wrong). I really like the drum recording on this even though again maybe the snare top mic could have gotten a bit more compression on the way in. Overall all the engineering was well done expect for those couple things. The mono overhead mic was very interesting because of the fact that it added so much to the kick and snare which is very good. On the mix i tried keeping the sound true to the recording so not huge tonal differences there.

I welcome your opinions on what can be done better.

Old and new mix posted below note there is a big volume difference which might make hearing a bit tougher but it should be pretty obvious the new mix is easier on the ears imo.

.mp3    SuchFinePeopleMix -OLD.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

.mp3    SuchFinePeopleMix2 - NEW.mp3 --  (Download: 8.23 MB)

Messages In This Thread
SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by latanielvss. - 12-02-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by SonicTramp - 19-02-2021, 07:30 AM
RE: SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by latanielvss. - 23-02-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by SonicTramp - 23-02-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by latanielvss. - 14-03-2021, 08:50 PM
RE: SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by BKM - 18-08-2021, 10:17 AM
RE: SuchFinePeople Mix Update - by latanielvss. - 15-09-2021, 08:09 AM