Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of STROBE - Maya
First time posting here!

What a lovely tune, I had a blast mixing it [Image: smile.gif]

Let me know how I did!

V2 has more instrument buss processing

V3 I got my interface back from repair and decided to have another go at the mix

.mp3    STROBE - Maya.mp3 --  (Download: 3.94 MB)

.mp3    STROBE - MayaV2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.99 MB)

.mp3    STROBE - MayaV3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

I like it!

You might be able to do something cool to spice up the guitar thing that comes in at 1.59? To me it feels a little ordinary in contrast to the rest of the track. What do you think? Thats the only thing that sprang to mind really, after a few listens.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-11-2020, 06:33 PM)mikej Wrote: I like it!

You might be able to do something cool to spice up the guitar thing that comes in at 1.59?  To me it feels a little ordinary in contrast to the rest of the track.  What do you think?  Thats the only thing that sprang to mind really, after a few listens.

Cheers!
I 100% agree with you, I played with it for a while but just couldn't get the tone I was aiming for so just threw a little distortion on it a called it a day :]   Thanks man!
(15-11-2020, 06:33 PM)mikej Wrote: I like it!

You might be able to do something cool to spice up the guitar thing that comes in at 1.59?  To me it feels a little ordinary in contrast to the rest of the track.  What do you think?  Thats the only thing that sprang to mind really, after a few listens.

Cheers!

Check out V3! I did add a little distortion to the lead guitar towards the end, but still I feel I cant dial in the tone I'm after
Hi,

Oddly enough I am just in the middle of having a try at the newly posted Strobe track.

Yeah much better in V3. That guitar was a little too dry and ordinary sounding in V1. Tone is kind of ok I feel. Not sure what kind of tone you are going for, but you could try dialling in 6db or so somewhere between 6 and 8k and see if that sits it in any better for you. Imagine you are Chris Lord Alge or something and just go for it. For me I find sometimes some of these tracks need what seems like an unhealthy amount of top end adding. I don't find guitar tone easy myself to be honest.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Yes! As am I, their tracks are really fun. Hopefully will post something soon.

Thanks for listening again, ya it almost seems I will need to do something drastic to make it really stand out. A little better but still pretty plain and non-exciting. I'll play with it. Thanks again and cheers!
Definitely one of the better mixes, but unfortunately still suffers form the vocals being drowned and a lack of overall cohesion to the track, along with seems seeming very dry and unbalanced.

The synths are the only parts that have any sort of good balance, but even then they are the loudest part of the mix.

Please, reference similar songs and base your balance ranges off that, and use automation to your advantage to control the vocal levels, especially when the layers stack.
(30-12-2020, 11:32 PM)LightYearRecords11 Wrote: Definitely one of the better mixes, but unfortunately still suffers form the vocals being drowned and a lack of overall cohesion to the track, along with seems seeming very dry and unbalanced.

The synths are the only parts that have any sort of good balance, but even then they are the loudest part of the mix.

Please, reference similar songs and base your balance ranges off that, and use automation to your advantage to control the vocal levels, especially when the layers stack.
Not quite sure what is going on here, but the vocals certainly don't sound buried to me, and I wouldn't say the synths were the loudest part of the mix.

Cheers!
This mix is nicely balanced and the vox are far from buried and are sitting pretty well .
good work ,this track isn't an easy mix its got dull imprinted in the multitracks
You have captured the tracks essence here, very nicely done. Backing vocals sound a little dry though. Diggin that snare.
Luke Percy,
Sydney Australia
https://www.lapaudio.com/