Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's - James' and Ben's - Can You Say The Same
Well this was fun.

Some very well recorded tracks (kudos to the techs here) and very well performed.

The biggest issue for me was placing the vocals against the big ensemble without the vocals being brittle. Once I found the tonal character I was looking for things began to take shape very nicely.

I tried to stay big so I kept the character of the environment for the drums and put everything within that context. I am pretty happy with the results. I hope you enjoy them too.

Can You Say The Same - Mix 2
Tried to add some energy and excitement to most of the parts across the arrangement. After a hiatus from listening to this song I heard it calling out for these tweaks.  I hope you find them agreeable and well thought out.

As always, comments and input are encouraged and appreciated.

Your friend in mixing,
mITc

.mp3    James Timms & Bengamin Coosemans - Can You Say The Same.mp3 --  (Download: 9.03 MB)

.mp3    Can You Say The Same - Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.03 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Nice and clean, and under control. Good mix bro.
~
Other Mixes
(23-10-2020, 03:29 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Nice and clean, and under control. Good mix bro.
Thank you.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi MiTc nice balance but i find it a bit cloudy? dont know if i have listened to mine too long,nice listening though.
Reaper user
hi! maybe a bit more control for the high frequency transients? overall sound is very good and instrument balance feels right. great job!
(24-10-2020, 12:00 AM)kapu Wrote: hi! maybe a bit more control for the high frequency transients? overall sound is very good and instrument balance feels right. great job!
How can you tell if the transients need more control? I'm still trying to get my head around transients and stuff
:: Newest Mix ::
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes
(24-10-2020, 12:00 AM)kapu Wrote: hi! maybe a bit more control for the high frequency transients? overall sound is very good and instrument balance feels right. great job!
Ah, can you be specific about which hf transients you are referring too?
Thanks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(24-10-2020, 08:09 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
Ah, can you be specific about which hf transients you are referring too?
Thanks.
Sorry, I meant Kapu because he said that you needed to control the transients more, but I didn't know what he was talking about.
:: Newest Mix ::
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes
OK. Can you be more specific about what you mean by hi-end transients in the context of this mix?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(25-10-2020, 07:51 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: OK. Can you be [...]
those percussive clicky sounds. specifically the high frequency part of their transients. for me, they seem a bit distracting in otherwise great and pleasing sound. ^_^