Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you say the same(quick mix)
2nd version is up. More balancing and more eq polish. some fx tweaks as well.

.mp3    SayTheSame1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.57 MB)

.mp3    SayTheSame2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.57 MB)

I like the balance of the mix, but i think the choruses could use a bit more excitement. But overall i like it. Nice job
a slightly different mix
This mix feels much more balanced! I can hear that you tamed the harshness on the hihats. Sounds cool!
Hi Shul i like version 1 sounds good,i would like a bit more attitude though,dont get me wrong though still sounds good.
Reaper user
(12-10-2020, 07:47 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Shul i like version 1 sounds good,i would like a bit more attitude though,dont get me wrong though still sounds good.
I appreciate the feedback joe.. yes sometimes I struggle with that excitement in mixes, perhaps something to do with compression and a bit of pumping would help? I don't know.
(01-10-2020, 08:46 AM)Shul Wrote: 2nd version is up. More balancing and more eq polish. some fx tweaks as well.
Hi there,

I like the overall sound of the mix but I think the snare is a bit too dry. What I did on the original track was, I sent the snare and clap to a new track with a huge reverb on it and then gated that reverb to cut the tail before I mixed it in. But overall, good job with the mix!
(14-10-2020, 10:35 AM)Hypanova Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 08:46 AM)Shul Wrote: 2nd version is up. More balancing and more eq polish. some fx tweaks as well.
Hi there,

I like the overall sound of the mix but I think the snare is a bit too dry. What I did on the original track was, I sent the snare and clap to a new track with a huge reverb on it and then gated that reverb to cut the tail before I mixed it in. But overall, good job with the mix!
Hey thanks for the feedback. I agree that snare could have used more verb.. sometimes I can't get a good sounding verb so I just go subtle on it. I appreciate the comment.