Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
There's so much to like here
What a great song, and excellent tracks. True pleasure.
I found it rather difficult to get the overall feeling quite right. It's not there yet, but it's a start. Maybe I want more drum kit and more vocals ... yeah, I don't know.
Tips, trics and comments are most welcomed

Update version 2
I've changed a lot of .. nothing major, some balancing here, a compressor setting ... overall, I feel much better with this version. To me it feels less ... strained, perhaps?

Update v3
Played around with some automation

.mp3    Version 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

.mp3    Version 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

.mp3    Version 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
I'm still feeling this song out so it's hard to comment. I think the energy seems to drop a little at what I think is the first chorus. It might be a compression thing. I think overall it could 'breath' a bit more. The bass may be a little hot. But those are some general thoughts. My ears might be tired at this point.
(03-06-2020, 03:00 AM)RoyM Wrote: I'm still feeling this song out so it's hard to comment. I think the energy seems to drop a little at what I think is the first chorus. It might be a compression thing. I think overall it could 'breath' a bit more. The bass may be a little hot. But those are some general thoughts. My ears might be tired at this point.
Thanks

First, the bass IS hot Wink Nah, I've split the bass and the hi-chan has, among other stuff, some distortion, guess I've balanced poorly, 'cause it was only supposed to cut thru, not be really audible.

I have some general dynamic issues. However. I do not believe that it's due to compression; apart from some parallel compression here and there, I'm squeezing at -3dB when it's really crazy.  

I agree that it could breathe more, I want it to breathe more, I'm just ... well, I guess, I'm thiking about how to make it more ... airy without just going through the roof with HF ...

#nosubnoshow
I find the vocals way too loud for the rest of the mix... it's a pop song but go easy on those faders Smile keep it up.
Thanks for your time. I think you're right Wink

#nosubnoshow