Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini: 'This Town' GetOuttaHere Mix
(08-06-2020, 06:44 AM)mik123 Wrote: [quote pid='97142' dateline='1591351375']
Hi mik123,
Thanks for taking time to listen. haha at least I've my approach right    May I asked what exactly is "too little of the whole freq spectrum"? Is it a volume thing, not rich enough in harmonic content?  too little lows,  mids  or highs. Or is my balance of the instruments and vocal out of whack? 
appreciate, any form of input  Big Grin

I will try to explain! I’m neither the smartest nor the particularly good producer. I'm still learning. And I always will. For this reason, it is important that we all pay much more attention to criticism than praise. Your potential client will also criticize your work if he is not satisfied with it. And here we get to the point. The client will always compare your mix with the reference tracks. For this reason, in my opinion, it is very important to include reference tracks in the mixing process. When you do this, you quickly realize that something is wrong with your mix or not comparable to the references. You asked me what was supposed to be wrong with your mix. Honestly, I can't tell you exactly what's wrong. It's wrong. Especially if you consider the above. It is often best to start from the beginning and compare your current work with references very carefully.

Best,

mik123
[/quote]
Thanks for taking time to reply.